Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 02:30 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Default Loginserver Changes

EQEmulator has completed a move to a new Loginserver system. In addition to many new features, our security has been vastly improved. The old system that was in place had been built over a decade ago with encryption methods that have since become insecure. Due to this system overhaul we recommend all players change their loginserver passwords. We may enforce a password change at some point so I suggest everyone perform this as soon as possible to prevent any delays in account access. If you plan to use the SMS System detailed below to recover access, it could take a week to process and should be done immediately.

The new system is accessible directly from the Project 1999 website. New players are no longer required to create an EQEmulator forum account. Instead, you can create a forum account on Project 1999, and manage your loginserver accounts from there.

Existing players can link their EQEmulator Forum Account to their Project 1999 Accounts, and then also manage their loginserver accounts from here.

The SMS System has been added, which will allow players to attach an SMS Number to their loginserver accounts. This can be used to recover loginserver passwords in any situation where they are not accessible.

I realize that there are some players who have lost access to their accounts, who may not be able to utilize this system to recover. We are looking into further methods of account recoveries. We are interested to hear these situations though. If you are one of these players, please post under the petition section (Use the Account Recovery prefix) and explain your situation in detail. Please include the following information at minimum:

Do you currently have access to your EQEmulator Forum Account?

Do you currently have access to any of the Loginserver accounts associated with the EQEmulator Forum Account?

There may be further questions we will ask after you create your post.

If you are having problems logging in, please verify your eqhost.txt file contains the following:

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Rogean; 03-23-2014 at 02:38 AM..
Old 03-23-2014, 03:23 AM
Fire Giant

Pras Rogean
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 03-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Hi, great stuff. Question - how do I link my EQEmulator account to my P99 account? Another thing - it says my loginserver username must be at most 15 characters when I try to create my already-existing account, but my current username is 16 characters.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 03-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Aviak

Thank you so much !
Old 03-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, great stuff. Question - how do I link my EQEmulator account to my P99 account?
Its on the main page on the left.

Now I have a question. I setup my SMS number and it says that I need to verify via email but my email listed on the eqemulator site was an old one. I tried to change the email address but the system says its locked and I can't change the email address there. Stuck.

Edit: looks like I'm not alone: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37853
Last edited by Savok; 03-23-2014 at 07:10 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Aviak

Thank you so very much, I no longer have server list issues running Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 & Wine 1.6.1) kudos to you and thank you so very much for all the hard work!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Aviak

Used and verified the new security features. It worked flawlessly, I was even able to get back into a loginserver account I had been locked out of since the database issue. You sir, are THE man!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:14 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now I have a question. I setup my SMS number and it says that I need to verify via email but my email listed on the eqemulator site was an old one. I tried to change the email address but the system says its locked and I can't change the email address there. Stuck.
As the messages should have told you, the SMS Number will become attached automatically after 7 days if the deny link is not clicked in the email (or immediately if the accept link is clicked).

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Large Rat

My server the Blue one is gone?
Old 03-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoward48 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My server the Blue one is gone?
English?