Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 03:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gets to 29 then starts again, gets to 29 then plays something else

Just play 1 char and get to max level so you can try raiding something
me
Old 08-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

The lower levels are more fun than being max level.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:01 AM
Banned

In the long run you're better off sticking with blue - it might take you 8x as long to get places but as a casual it's fun. It has taken me 5 years to get to 57 on blue as a super casual, and maybe 20k plat on my trader.

Since the Green server came out the population split so the world is far more open. I played on Xev server on live and remember back in the day of the server #s shown it was around 900-1200pop and blue has the same feeling of camp balance.

Wouldn't touch red99 as it is today unless you enjoy empty zones, soloing, and the occasional PL from a vet desperate for people to join them in the level 55+ game. Also a shit ton of really, really, really crazy fucks play red99 who think they matter, and their opinions matter because they pressed auto attack the best in x-y-z guild 5-8 years ago.

Red99 circa 2014-2016 was super fun, because it had 250ish players.
Last edited by White_knight; 08-23-2020 at 11:04 AM..
Old 08-30-2020, 10:22 AM
Banned

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: Yes
Old 09-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Kobold

No it's not a waste, don't listen to the losers here. They believe a new server would provide a different experience which is futile, the problem was always them and not the server. Season servers would fit those people better, like roz.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it's not a waste, don't listen to the losers here. They believe a new server would provide a different experience which is futile, the problem was always them and not the server. Season servers would fit those people better, like roz.
The problem with the server is that it’s been stuck in the current era way too long . If
Your actually a new player you don’t stand a chance against even the shittiest player that’s been on the server for a long time because of the gear gap . / stable quest . You won’t gain new players because no1 in their right mind would
Join a server where they are 2 years out from even competing with the top players on a 50 pop box
Old 09-01-2020, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if the sole argument is that it would be a different experience, although there is certainly a case to be made that the initial launch was "rocky" to say the least. I think the more common argument made for a wipe or new server is that EQ PvP tends to be more of a play the box until a team wins type of experience and that it is better served with a season type format similar to many games nowadays. An easy solution to appease both sides would be keeping Red99 open and then simply making a second season type PvP server. I don't personally ever think that's going to happen though.
Old 09-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just started also. Joined the guild Sanctuary... great folks that will help you out!
Old 09-01-2020, 03:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if the sole argument is that it would be a different experience, although there is certainly a case to be made that the initial launch was "rocky" to say the least. I think the more common argument made for a wipe or new server is that EQ PvP tends to be more of a play the box until a team wins type of experience and that it is better served with a season type format similar to many games nowadays. An easy solution to appease both sides would be keeping Red99 open and then simply making a second season type PvP server. I don't personally ever think that's going to happen though.
I agree but I just think they should combine the servers into red at the end so the players that want to continue their journey with their current toon they have that option . So their work doesn’t go to waste it will bring fresh blood to the current red server that’s stale. And it will please the players looking to play seasonal
Old 09-01-2020, 04:48 PM
Banned

I tried playing the red server and i didnt see any players the two times i played
Closed Thread