Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Just out of curiosity, how come?

I didn't really get into the game until Luclin so I was a late bloomer and missed out on much of the extremeness of the original game.

I used the Luclin ports like crazy back then. In hind site I see what it took away from the original experience. That's just one example I can think of. But I would love to have others opinions on what Luclin did to ruin their experience.

I'm ashamed to admit that I also enjoyed POP for the sheer epicness of the progression involved (even though I never made it to PoTime).

This time around I am really appreciating the massiveness of the game world and finding all sorts of things every day that I would have never come across due to endless teleport options. Off the top of my head, I just ran across Antonica the other day.... OMG!!! The passage between Highpass Hold and EK is larger than most zones in other games. And that's just the road leading from 1 to the other!!! That just really struck me as I have forgotten all about it.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Orc

The 3 big Luclin changes in my mind are:

- new character models: looked almost nothing like the originals
- the nexus: compressed the size and feel of the world
- the bazaar: killed the user-created trading spots (ec tunnel on most servers)

Binibren of Bristlebane
Old 11-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Kobold

God I hate the Luclin models. Everyone has those weird, dead eyes.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Off the top of my head, I just ran across Antonica the other day.... OMG!!! The passage between Highpass Hold and EK is larger than most zones in other games. And that's just the road leading from 1 to the other!!! That just really struck me as I have forgotten all about it.
Are you talking about the climb up the mountain? If so yea that is a treck also try running out of HP and forgetting that drop off and running right over the edge.....

That Corpse run is a B@#ch having to run all they way down then running all they way back to it on the ground floor. ARGGGGGG
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 11-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

To be honest I would not mind at all if Luclin were opened…

Sure the lore isn't the same as what it was up to the Velious era, but at this point it doesn't really matter unless the devs want to design new content.

The main complaint with Bazaar was that it killed the EC tunnel as a trading center and killed the economy. Since we do not have the population to support an EC tunnel there really isn't a reason why a central bazaar would be a bad thing.

In regards to the Nexus, with the translocators at the docks instead of long boat rides it really doesn't really make the trans-continental journey that much different.

The Luclin character models are easily disabled so I don't really see that being a problem

All that would need to be done to Luclin would be to nerf some of the gear and exp and that "world" would be set for a long time. All the devs would need to do is expand on the AA system to keep players happy for a little bit longer then look towards other options.

That's my 2 cents anyways
Old 11-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Aviak

I could only be okay with Luclin like when the majority of the server also agreed to it.

I.e. at such a time when everyone has done everything they wanted to in classic, kunark, and velious.

Im honestly hoping things go nice and slow so I can get the most of out of each stage.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Guys guys guys... you are way ahead of yourselves. We aren't even to Kunark yet and you're talking about Luclin?

Come on...
Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Banned

I really enjoyed Luclin and Planes of Power on live. Ideally I'd like to see modified versions of these expansions released here. Such as:

Luclin:
* Paludal exp reduced
* Bazaar removed
* Disable all portals besides either the NK or Gfay one, to only have one way to go to/from Luclin
* All mobs' HP reduced, perhaps increase max hit to compensate
* Revamp Vex Thal. On live, Vex Thal was a huge disappointment after the well-designed encounters of Emp Ssra and Seru. You should be able to progress through the zone much more quickly, however the bosses should be much more interesting and difficult. Live's Vex Thal seemed like it was designed in an hour, and was just a snoozefest lacking any sort of creativity or fun. Worst part of Luclin.

PoP:
* Remove PoK
* Introduce a wizard portal to Tranquility and put all essential (read: no merchants, trainers, bankers...) NPCs in there.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Now we've passed Luclin, skipped LDoN and another expansion... and on to PoP? What's wrong with you people?!!?
Old 11-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Kobold

I think some of the raid content and AA's in Luclin were pretty awesome. Like someone else said just disable some of the portals and the bazaar and i think it would be a pretty enjoyable expansion.
Closed Thread