Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-13-2021, 10:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Graphic Bug

Over the past few weeks I've been getting a strange graphics bug. Basically the whole world disappears and anything my character is holding also disappears. Other player characters and NPC stay visible but also the items they are holding disappear. When the issue occurs the game becomes incredibly laggy but I can still move around the world, cast spells etc. Doing Alt+enter fixes the issue but it does sometimes come back, I found in sky for some reason it comes back more frequently when my chat box was updating.

Currently running a Radeon 6800 (non XT) with the latest drivers, anyone got any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg test.jpg (22.5 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by Brori; 06-13-2021 at 11:04 AM..
Old 06-13-2021, 06:26 PM
Fire Giant

Something is wrong with your s3d file that holds the static 3d files.. or it might be something with rendereffects folder (shaders) causing the shaders to be transparent or something as you are not falling through the ground.. which is most likely the issue as they include rendereffects folder in the patch so you might have just replaced teh whole folder rather than replaced the individual files within the rendereffects folder which caused you to delete all the render effects that aren't in the patch?

Try a reinstall, leave out the rendereffects folder stuff when you copy over the patch, just copy over the files from the P99Patch, not the folders..
Last edited by Shawk; 06-13-2021 at 06:29 PM..
Old 06-20-2021, 05:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the reply.
I tried that but still get exactly the same issue. Im wondering if its something to do with the graphics drivers as I think it may have started to happen after a recent update.