Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-01-2022, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with TAKP is the 3 boxing. Their population is pretty low when you take that into account. They need to enforce a one box rule and it would be more tempting.
I'd sign up the moment they drop the boxing rule.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-01-2022, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd sign up the moment they drop the boxing rule.
Same to be honest. I would love to try it out with single boxing rules.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, if they didn't allow boxing I would prolly be there playing too, especially with POP and AA...just boxing is the dumbest thing ever. I don't want to play alone all the time in group content, and people boxing on a raids is dangerous imo unless just afk buff bots.

also...the real reason...logging in 3 separate accounts is too much work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2022, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

You can play solo. Most trios welcome an active 4th, since there's a significant exp bonus for more than 3 in a group. Yes, it's going to be lonely below 50 or so, everybody else has been on server for 5+ years. However, there is an influx of new players now that PoP is out. There's a new low level guild, in fact. Plus, people are nice, you wouldn't believe how much of a difference that makes. It's a completely different world than p1999 in that regard. Raid targets are shared in an orderly fashion. No drama. You can't mouselook like you can with the titanium client, oh well. It's part of the game at that era, unlike the client here. Somehow we make do. And PoP is available.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
if you take out everyone who is boxing the pop will be around p99 red pop

just fyi

most people 2 box

i walk around pok and see tons of 3 boxes everywhere
Old 03-04-2022, 12:09 AM
Large Rat

it's funny, when i created my p99 character i did it PRECISELY because it's the only single box server. im like, im lazy to box, i dont wanna do all this complicated stuff and be behind other people who are boxing and have an advantage over me. i want to be lazy and have it all be fair and square and 1 player per person. sounded good. then i solo'd a bunch here, like lots of people do, saw the state of endgame was a poopsock shitfest i had zero interest in participating, lost interest in p99 entirely but still wanted to play EQ. finally, after some months, as a desperation move tried TAKP.

im having so much fun over there now and look back on myself (a guy who boxxed on live servers 20 years ago mind you) thinking that i should have avoided boxing servers because *hands wave wildly in the air* -reasons- and think how utterly dumb i was. boxing is a cinch there with 1 button screen switches but zero automation allowed, so it's still fun and hard and engaging (not 1 player waiting on their mana bar afk mostly)...always groups to join, nice people, plane of knowledge ports, on and on... you literally couldn't pay me to play on p99 ever again. but the forums here are still good for a laugh on occasion, can't take that away from this place.
Old 03-04-2022, 12:13 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you take out everyone who is boxing the pop will be around p99 red pop
currently over 200 unique ID's logged in over there vs 50 people on red but... ok
Old 03-04-2022, 12:13 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by p99deadstarre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
currently over 200 unique ID's logged in over there vs 50 people on red so...
Old 03-12-2022, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycoolrausch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's using input drivers from 1999 so there's all this software mouse accell, it's just very finicky and jumpy, in addition to the unnatural resolution and ultra confined first person view on modern giant widescreen monitors. It's unplayable.

The 3 boxing and crap doesn't bother me because it's just a different mindset, you play with your friends and do your own thing, it's not a community like p99. But I can't get past the client.

They decided not to delete 10% of an expansions content (warders) on an infinite timelocked never expanding server though so have to give them props for some wisdom over p99.
Client is 100% of the reason I'm not actively playing TAKP right now. I think if the client wasn't such poo it'd be a lot more popular. Say what you want about classic or w/e but VERY VERY FEW people are willing to stomach first person no mousewheel zoom everquest. The boxing issue is overstated as always. It's not that big of a deal really.
Old 03-12-2022, 10:40 PM
Banned

To be unhappy about the ability to earn pixel is maybe too Russian for you..