Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

I'm better at not waking up my dad with skeleton laughing sounds and getting beaten by him nightly
Old 01-09-2017, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

I've explored more classes on P99 than on live. Don't know if I'm better, but I've broadened my horizons.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Kobold

I was far better on live because I raided every damn day, min/maxed my characters to squeeze every last hp or stat from my gear slots, ran gina and other 3rd party programs and payed attention. I came to p99 and got very lazy, now I hit auto attack and watch Netflix.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

I haven't gotten very far in P99 though having been registered for a long time. The RnF section with the raid scene essentially turned me off and eventually quit again. Somewhat been just hanging around all these years to possibly get in on something from the beginning if a server reset happens.

Anyways, from the time here I would say it helped EQ in some aspects while not really in a lot of others. When I play live I can't play without MQ2, but it being off here and no maps I basically learned how to move around a lot of the classic zones with no map. It also gave me a better understanding of clickies and weps with different procs and how I can use these to my advantage. I wouldn't say a necessarily better understanding, but in all my many years of EQ I never really cared to hold on weps with procs that benefited me if I ended up getting a wep that just did more damage. Wasn't actually till watching red pvp videos in fact to understand the power you could have with different things.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've gotten much better at not letting my group discover i'm AFK
Pretty much this and why i made a bard.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've explored more classes on P99 than on live. Don't know if I'm better, but I've broadened my horizons.
Same, I've also learnt a lot about pvp...never really did pvp on live.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:12 AM
Fire Giant

back then i would always just follow walls to zones even if it toke 5x longer lol
Old 01-10-2017, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
back then i would always just follow walls to zones even if it toke 5x longer lol
Still a time saver if running in Lfay between GFay and Steamfont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valura [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like I've gotten a lot better at the game coming from Live and not ever experiencing classic.
Much like threat, I have reached the maximum allowable knowledge and ability and from time to time must Hard-Boot to erase said knowledge to be able to play the game to my fullest enjoyment.

The ability to play surely carries over from one knowledge dump to another, however I'm not sure if it just seems that way because of lighting/fog with titanium client. (I haven't gotten lost in Misty Thicket for years and can still run through kithicor blind.)

noob4lyfe
Old 01-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

On a serious note:

Returning to the EQ environment after years and years of not play, I was much better. I met some cool folks and became an epic mage WAY faster than I did live. I had some good times. /hug P99 and thank you Rogean and staff for your support and this opportunity.