Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default been gone for 10 years

now i am back and i am completely lost.

Lvl 1 necro drow. I turned in my note but no quest line keyword was given. what do i DO.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

delete your character and roll an iksar necro, you'll thank me later.

But seriously, do that. The regeneration from Iksar is downright overpowered for a necromancer, with their lich line of spells (drains hp for mana).

If you're dead set on Dark Elf Necro though, you should just delete your character and create a new one so you still have your note. Since you're level 1, nothing will have been lost. Right click your note to find out the correct NPC to hand the note too, I'm guessing you just turned it in to the wrong person. You should have gotten a robe.

In the long run the lack of your newbie robe won't matter. There are no continuing questlines that need it, it's just something so you don't appear "naked" until you get a better robe.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back, Welcome to Project 1999. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:33 PM
Aviak

You presumably handed your note in to the wrong NPC. I did the same thing on my original character back in 2000! You'll have to delete your toon to get a new one. Go ahead, there's no harm in it.

And welcome back to Norrath.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pop quiz hot shot: you're a level one necro in norrath and you got no starting quest - what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?
shoot the guildmaster
Old 10-23-2017, 08:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

deleted toon started a warrior to relearn game after a few weeks will make necro again.
Thanks for the input.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falselighter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deleted toon started a warrior to relearn game after a few weeks will make necro again.
Thanks for the input.
If you prefer dark elves for necros go with it. I tried 2 different iksar necros and got to 24 then stopped. I thought it was the class I didn't enjoy it was the race 100%.

Months later I made a human necro, and she is 30 now. Still find her fun.

Necro really is a great class, it's very solo friendly but also can add tons of utility to a group. It also requires very little gearing to level, even when solo.

The dark elf city can be extremely confusing if you are unfamiliar with it, just be sure to use wiki maps for Neriak and it's not too bad.

To point out why dark elf is a good necro race, they get hide which is a nice little perk as it allows you to afk any time you need to, dark elves also get ultravision which isn't a huge perk but it is still nice, they start with very high INT, and aesthetically they look great in robes!

The necro class is so powerful, adding iksar regen to the synergy of their spells will add efficiency but quite frankly it is overkill. It does not make the necro more capable at killing specific mobs as there is nothing a iksar necro can kill that a non-iksar cannot.

The only people that will tell you that you NEED to choose iksar for your necro race are min/maxers who probably are fairly high on the autism scale, refusing to believe there are no reasons to play a 20 year old game but to maximize every possible racial advantage available. This is super lame imo.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:22 AM
Sarnak

Welcome back. I was playing last night after a long time being gone. Found myself naked and lost...ahh good times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-24-2017, 01:24 PM
Aviak

I definitely spent the first couple hours of playing, for the first time in decades, reacquainting myself with Neriak and trying to poorly solo stuff in Nektulos without my enchanter pet because I forgot you have to buy some of your 1st level spells. EQ is brutally difficult, but that's what I love about it. That DING!!! is one of the most rewarding sounds ever because of how much work you put into it. I also love how the game rewards grouping much more than soloing (for most classes) which is the whole point of an MMO.
Closed Thread