Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's worth noting that wiki god Ravhin recently added a way to correct auction logs in the wiki. If you see an item that has clearly false entries in the wiki, PM me and I'll try to fix them.
Can anyone do this or do you have to have special privileges? Someone recently put an outrageous price on star ruby for green.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:38 AM
Aviak

Whatever happened to p99 Auctions?
Old 01-14-2020, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Its not hard separarating an idiot from his wallet in game and out of game
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone do this or do you have to have special privileges? Someone recently put an outrageous price on star ruby for green.
Only wiki admins can (if anyone could, the kind of people that are trying to abuse the system would have a field day). The full list of wiki admins can be found here ... but as the most active one here in the forums (and maybe even the only active one?), I'm happy to do the leg work when someone contacts me.

I fixed Star Ruby, but again I think you'll have to wait a day to see the fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsoider [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever happened to p99 Auctions?
There have been two 3rd-party auction sites: ahungry's, and the P99Tunnel. The P99Tunnel person (I forget their name) stopped paying for the hosting, presumably because they stopped playing here.

We don't speak the name of the player who ran the ahungry site, because they did something a lot worse when they left [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-14-2020, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

FWIW, my sig shows a (not sexy, granted, and not "live") auction tracker I'm running.

I do run a script to alert me to prices of things that are far beyond "normal" (either high OR low), and I will delete them. This gets rid of most of the mis-parsed prices, and the obvious errors like "10kpp" instead of "10pp", etc.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

So - accuracy. How to tell the difference between a great deal and price fixing? A couple things to do-
1. The info you need is in the game logs on the server. If the devs would publish an RSS feed or something of all trades and /auctions, with player names obscured, it would be very easy to consume and generate accurate lists. It could be behind a password that only the wiki itself has. It should not be particularly hard technically to do for the devs, although they probably never would do it. Even so, maybe ask?
2. A common tactic when averaging noisy data is to discard the high and low ranges, such as throwing out the top 10% and bottom 10%.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It should not be particularly hard technically to do for the devs, although they probably never would do it.
The wiki doesn't really have "devs".

It had a single dev (Ravhin), who gave us stuff like magelos and the auction tracker, and he was even kind enough to "come out of retirement" to patch the auction tracker for Green/Teal ... but like I said he basically retired. Meanwhile, I'm sort of a dev, but I only work on the "front-end": I can change what you see on a page, but can't access the database directly.

That's the bad news. The good news is that if you (or anyone else who can code and either knows PHP, or is willing to learn the basics of it) really does feel that it would "not be particularly hard technically to do" ... you can step up!

All of Ravhin's source code (including all the auction tracker code) is freely available at: http://wiki.project1999.com/utils/wikiUtils.php. Just download the zip file, make the necessary changes to filter out the top/bottom 10% (or whatever), and send them to Ravhin. While he's retired, I'm guessing he'd at least be willing to review/apply such changs. If not, send it to me and I will (I can at least tolerate reviewing PHP code), and then I can beg Lord Rogean to apply them since I don't have that power.

But yeah, ultimately like anything on the wiki, it's not about what someone else ("the devs") can do for you ... it's what you're willing to do for the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-15-2020 at 12:23 PM..
Old 01-15-2020, 02:19 PM
Banned

I've moved a ton of items over the past three weeks on Teal and I've found that the wiki is pretty accurate.

Yes, people are selling for more and for less. Some people just want to move stuff and you get a deal. Some people really want something and will pay for it - especially camp poop-sockers who don't want to leave, but have mad cash to spend on an upgrade.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki doesn't really have "devs".

It had a single dev (Ravhin), who gave us stuff like magelos and the auction tracker, and he was even kind enough to "come out of retirement" to patch the auction tracker for Green/Teal ... but like I said he basically retired. Meanwhile, I'm sort of a dev, but I only work on the "front-end": I can change what you see on a page, but can't access the database directly.

That's the bad news. The good news is that if you (or anyone else who can code and either knows PHP, or is willing to learn the basics of it) really does feel that it would "not be particularly hard technically to do" ... you can step up!

All of Ravhin's source code (including all the auction tracker code) is freely available at: http://wiki.project1999.com/utils/wikiUtils.php. Just download the zip file, make the necessary changes to filter out the top/bottom 10% (or whatever), and send them to Ravhin. While he's retired, I'm guessing he'd at least be willing to review/apply such changs. If not, send it to me and I will (I can at least tolerate reviewing PHP code), and then I can beg Lord Rogean to apply them since I don't have that power.

But yeah, ultimately like anything on the wiki, it's not about what someone else ("the devs") can do for you ... it's what you're willing to do for the wiki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I meant the game devs. They could rig an RSS feed that would be consumed by the wiki.

*edit*
Hmm, well does the feed from the game server logs already exist? I thought the data source was maybe posted player logs or something.
Last edited by fadetree; 01-15-2020 at 02:37 PM.. Reason: hmm
Old 01-15-2020, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I meant the game devs. They could rig an RSS feed that would be consumed by the wiki.
Right, and that's what I'm trying to explain: the game devs don't "do wiki".

Rogean, Nilbog, etc. do not have anything whatsoever to do with the wiki. The only way they might even tangentially get involved is that Rogean might take five minutes of his time to install some software on the wiki's machine, if people beg him nicely.

That's it: otherwise they don't do anything whatsoever with the wiki. The wiki is 100% player-made, and that includes any dreams or desires you can possibly imagine for it: we have to build them.

Quote:
*edit*
Hmm, well does the feed from the game server logs already exist? I thought the data source was maybe posted player logs or something.
Yup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Like everything else, every last data point (of the millions that exist in the wiki pricing data) comes from a player (Ravhin) writing code which parsed logs, which in turn were uploaded by still other players.

Closed Thread