Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2020, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter - Pet Break Mez Macro?

Anyone have a macro that casts color stun then attempts to mez when pet mez breaks? This isn’t working (mez isn’t casting):

/g Pet Broke, Mezzing %t
/cast 3 <—- this is my color AoE stun spell
/g pause 25
/cast 8 <—- this is my low lvl mez spell
/g Mezzing %t

The macro gets hung up after casting my AoE stun spell and doesn’t cast my mez after.

Do macros restrict it to only 1 cast for 1 spell per macro? I’m trying to get 2 different spells in the same macro.

Right now I’m having to manually click my color stun spell, then click mez macro hotbutton hot key I set on my numpad
Old 11-28-2020, 07:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
/g Pet Broke, Mezzing %t
/cast 3 <—- this is my color AoE stun spell
/g pause 25
/cast 8 <—- this is my low lvl mez spell
/g Mezzing %t
If this is the *exact* way you have it, you are telling your group "pause 25" instead of the command /pause 25. The way multi-line hotkeys work, you can add pause after any line, but lines cannot accept two commands outside of this caveat.

I would recommend something like:

/g Pet Broke, Mezzing %t
/cast 3, /pause 1
/cast 3, /pause 25
/cast 8, /pause 1
/cast 8

You'll tell your group about the pet break, then attempt the stun twice in quick succesion (hedges against fizzles), then attempt your mez twice (again, fizzles). If this still doesn't work for you, play with /pause 27, /pause 30 etc until the command fires with the correct timing. Make sure you use the exact syntax. I don't recommend hotkeys like this, as you might have an immediate charm break, someone breaks mez, your stun might be on cooldown, etc. This type of hotkey also prevents you from abusing Global Cooldown, which is huge for enchanters. All of these will mess it up in various ways, but if you're ok with those situations, this should accomplish what you're after hopefully =)
Old 11-28-2020, 09:01 PM
Sarnak

Thanks! This helped a lot. Appreciate it. What spell do chanters use in spell slot 1 with Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring? Or is there a better clicky to refresh spell slot 1?
Old 11-28-2020, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

spell slot 1 refreshes some milliseconds faster than the other spell slots. So it's personal preference really. I usually keep a life saver spell in slot 1. Like Stun.

Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring works perfectly to reset the global cooldown. There are some other options. Pretty much anything instant, just keep in mind if it's all zones or outdoors/indoors only. Jboots are an example of outdoors.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Clickies
https://wiki.project1999.com/Balers_...#GCD_Resetters
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Thanks for those links! I have a spyglass on my chanter and didn’t know it resets global countdown like the earring. Will use it now with a stun in first slot ��
Old 11-29-2020, 03:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by project99toons [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! This helped a lot. Appreciate it. What spell do chanters use in spell slot 1 with Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring? Or is there a better clicky to refresh spell slot 1?
I like either swap slot (generally faster everything if you're swapping a lot of spells, and nice if you want to spam off a few nukes or several lull line casts), or mez (I find being able to recast it immediately can be particularly valuable after a resist).

On green the rod of insidious glamour is a nice enchanter instant click but I think I read it gets a cast time at some point?
Old 11-29-2020, 10:02 AM
Banned

This is suicide, if you fizzle, you are locked from casting For almost a full 3 seconds.
You are also slowing yourself down as most charms you can stun and GCD clickie and recharm if your fast. Charmed pet isn’t something you should try to be lazy with imo.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is suicide, if you fizzle, you are locked from casting For almost a full 3 seconds.
You are also slowing yourself down as most charms you can stun and GCD clickie and recharm if your fast. Charmed pet isn’t something you should try to be lazy with imo.
Maybe if you are grouping and have color slant it would could be worth it try to go from stun right to charm. But solo its usually a bad idea unless you know you are going to be dealing with Dots landing on your charm.

Think of a charm breaking.
Then it gets in your face and you eat a round of combat.
You cast color slant. We will assume it lands for now.
Then you immediately go into you charm...
Of course you could fizzle(s) and not be able to finish the casting the charm in time.
The charm could be resisted and you've already blown at least one stun. Without another stun up you are going to have to try channeling a mez.
The charm could break the very second you charm or just a second or two afterwards, which again means eating damage and hoping you had another stun up and the mob is still not locked down.

And of course during this process the ostensibly rooted mob could break at any time, seriously compromising your recharm attempt. Imagine that you used slant and started to charm and boom the rooted mob is now in your face interrupting you. If you would have locked the first mob down as fast as possible their was only a small 3 or so second window the other mob could get involved but as soon as you add the charm attempt the 3 second danger window is now more than doubled.(and this danger window is where enchanters go to die).

You are better off when solo charming to lock down mobs as fast as possible and if you can be mana efficient while doing it all the better. Color shift is particularly good because it's far cheaper to cast manawise, easier to channel through attacks relative to color slant(both have a fast 1.5 cast time but being lower level you will channel through shifts more often, and will allow you to either mez and most importantly enough time to AoE mez for that unexpected add(s) or the inopportune root break.

Also when soloing and using mez before you charm allows you an easy way to figure out the charmed mobs "ticks". This means that if you can keep track of the tick you can spend the vast majority of your time assured that your charm will not break. Hell, you can even start precasting a spell like mez and be able to land it on a charm break without the worry they even get near you. Right now on green its less important because sit casting is still a thing but eventually that will be removed and precasting intelligently will become more important.
Last edited by axisofebola; 11-29-2020 at 02:33 PM..
Old 11-29-2020, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by axisofebola [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe if you are grouping and have color slant it would could be worth it try to go from stun right to charm. But solo its usually a bad idea unless you know you are going to be dealing with Dots landing on your charm.

Think of a charm breaking.
Then it gets in your face and you eat a round of combat.
You cast color slant. We will assume it lands for now.
Then you immediately go into you charm...
Of course you could fizzle(s) and not be able to finish the casting the charm in time.
The charm could be resisted and you've already blown at least one stun. Without another stun up you are going to have to try channeling a mez.
The charm could break the very second you charm or just a second or two afterwards, which again means eating damage and hoping you had another stun up and the mob is still not locked down.

And of course during this process the ostensibly rooted mob could break at any time, seriously compromising your recharm attempt. Imagine that you used slant and started to charm and boom the rooted mob is now in your face interrupting you. If you would have locked the first mob down as fast as possible their was only a small 3 or so second window the other mob could get involved but as soon as you add the charm attempt the 3 second danger window is now more than doubled.(and this danger window is where enchanters go to die).

You are better off when solo charming to lock down mobs as fast as possible and if you can be mana efficient while doing it all the better. Color shift is particularly good because it's far cheaper to cast manawise, easier to channel through attacks relative to color slant(both have a fast 1.5 cast time but being lower level you will channel through shifts more often, and will allow you to either mez and most importantly enough time to AoE mez for that unexpected add(s) or the inopportune root break.

Also when soloing and using mez before you charm allows you an easy way to figure out the charmed mobs "ticks". This means that if you can keep track of the tick you can spend the vast majority of your time assured that your charm will not break. Hell, you can even start precasting a spell like mez and be able to land it on a charm break without the worry they even get near you. Right now on green its less important because sit casting is still a thing but eventually that will be removed and precasting intelligently will become more important.
Using common sense I deduced he planned on grouping with the /g tells built into his macro.
Also the main culprit here is adding /pauses to a macro. If you fizzle these pauses will continue regardless preventing you from
Casting til the pause is over.
Last edited by Zipity; 11-29-2020 at 02:39 PM..
Old 11-29-2020, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using common sense I deduced he planned on grouping with the /g tells built into his macro.
Also the main culprit here is adding /pauses to a macro. If you fizzle these pauses will continue regardless preventing you from
Casting til the pause is over.
Ya, it's a reasonable assumption. i didn't mention anything about the macro though I had intended to. it's a horrible idea. Chaining important spells in a macro is always a bad idea not only what you mentioned but you also don't build muscle memory for using your most important spells.

Also wanted to mention the awful idea of putting your stuns in the first gem slot. You want to put an important spell that has a significant cast time relative to its recast time. Though they are very important, stuns have long cooldowns and fast cast times, the exact opposite of what you are looking for. My most common inclusions for the top spell slot on my enchanter lulls, mezs, charms. Speaking of which relying on mez for setting up your charms also allows you to keep charm n your spellbook, hence saving you a precious gem slot.
Closed Thread