Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Default Green Economy

Is it me, or it's pretty stale?

I spent several hours, over the last few days, auctionning stuff in the hundreds of plat and barely got any tells. Stuff that usually goes really quickly as it's affordable twink gear. The few tells I got mostly wanted to buy for half wiki price or less.

Green economy seems pretty dead atm. Or maybe people just wait for the prices to crash due to the inevitable mudflation?
Old 11-24-2020, 08:36 AM
Banned

it’s because ppl want to pay blue prices on green
Old 11-24-2020, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG SiP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it’s because ppl want to pay blue prices on green
exactly.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:49 AM
Kobold

or because they are all poor and actually need the cheapo prices
Old 11-24-2020, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Knowledge is the problem.

One example is people know which items will be removed and which items will be retroactively nerfed.

Selling a fungus robe or a twig is very different from selling a fungus stick, manastone or rod of mourning. One gets retro-nerfed and one gets removed/nerfed.

We know this info in advance and price accordingly.

Another knowledge problem is that buyer-seller assymetric knowledge is shrinking.

In real markets, consumers don't have perfect knowledge. In an emergent EQ market, individuals tended to camp certain items and knew more about the drop rates, difficulty, etc. than others. They used this disparity to make money.

Have you ever gotten to a camp you've never done and realized it was a lot easier/harder and you got the item much faster/slower than you expected?

On live, by the time that info can get around we'd be past that round of loot and on to new expansions with new loot.

But we had Beta for 10 years. Knowledge disparity is shrinking.

Also, we have historical pricing from Beta for 10 years, and people use or misuse this information.

Most people want to sell manastones and lockets at 3-4+ year prices TODAY, and want to buy fungus tunics and tstaffs at 3-4+ year prices TODAY.

tl;dr
  • People know how useful items are, how long they take to get, and how difficult they are to obtain -- buyers cannot leverage that information for the same profits they used to
  • People use blue as a price reference - they see what prices will likely be in the future for what they want to buy/sell, and if it's better than current market they go with that number
  • People know what items will be retro-nerfed or removed
Last edited by Castle2.0; 11-24-2020 at 10:08 AM..
Old 11-24-2020, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

Most people are out leveling, and most spent the month leading up to Kunark buying the things they'd need. The market is stale because noone's buying Stein of Moggok and Gatorscale Sleeves two weeks into Kunark.

I put together a full set of necro twink gear a month before the expansion and it was clear that many others were doing the same. The amount of "WTB ShadowBound gloves+boots" etc. that I saw on a daily basis was telling.

The stuff that's selling at the moment is the stuff you couldn't get before, i.e. monk weapons and tank-worthy chain gear. Kylong/Sebscale will sell, especially if you go to OT/LOIO/etc. instead of expecting iksar alts to come to EC.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people are out leveling
This.

Give it a couple months for people to get their mains to 60 and the market will be back. I've made a couple trips to EC during normally busy times to pick up a couple items and found very little for sale compared to normal. I think the same is true for buyers, just less folks buying and selling atm.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

When I think of buying something on green it's like, meh, I'm here to camp that item.

I was hoping to see more WTT this item, for that item, like back in the oooollllld dayys

But no it's mostly "that'll be 12k for the ring"

One thing that is lost over time and I dont think we'll ever get back, is the "oh man that guy is cool because he has X item"

I think those days are gone.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:08 PM
Banned

People don't understand that Blue is a 10+ years old server

and think the prices on there should be accurate to the Green Economy
Old 11-24-2020, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I think it's important to remember that if you die with money on green, like IRL you cant take it with it, so blow it on the items you want now I reckon.
Closed Thread