Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 06:04 PM
Banned

Xanax if mild beta blockers if severe

90% of our population would have an issue with public speaking to that many people, perfectly normal
Old 10-11-2018, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

honestly Deriak, I would consider the possibility of mental fatigue. Might try 20mins of meditation between sessisions and/or invest some sugar/caffein after about 4hr or so if brain farts are the issue. Eating too much can dull your mind / attention too, so if your third session was after lunch, maybe next time have a light lunch like some fruits and then have your normal lunch after the last presentation.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

I’m horrible at it because of nerves, not lack of knowledge, but I take some low dose Inderal and I’m like Ari Fleischer up there. You’re welcome.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Oh man I'm sorry OP! I can relate to that unsettling experience! It sounds rough! Especially with your bosses present. On a somewhat related note, I used to really enjoy being a lead vocalist for post-hardcore/metal bands,and id suffer from extreme anxiety leading up to every performance. It honestly got to the point where the benefit and thrill of playing music was outweighed by the intensity of the anxiety that i just stopped all together.

It was something I battled with for years and I tried numerous things to try and make it a comfortable experience but to no avail. One thing that did help a little bit was right before I would go on stage id lock myself in a room completely alone and I would close my eyes and try to steady my breathing as i visualized in my head how I wanted the performance to go. It sounds kind of cheesy but it did bring a sense of calming focus and determination.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 10-11-2018 at 10:24 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Might have been test anxiety set off by the presence of your bosses. Wish I knew how to fix test anxiety. My friend isn’t doing so hot in class atm.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Avoid eating mom's spaghetti prior to performance.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by margatroid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never figured out how to get over the anxiety I enjoy when I present something very technical to people I perceive are smarter than me. A pretty good performer though when it comes to dummy stuff. The key is looking down your nose at everybody
Have you ever taken a proper IQ test?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

Jibbacalawiggafallasigganalawallamalasniggimagafal acalawagabungadude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lotta good posts here except loramin who didn't share anything about his public speaking ability or advice for others butt still managed to write the longest response.
Dunk of the week

As for the topic at hand, I’m good at public speaking and always have been, but I’ve always been somewhat arrogant and the type of person who doesn’t a fuck. I would say use note cards if you’re bad...

Maybe you just got tired? If you ran through it twice with 200ish people and froze the last time, maybe fatigue plus nerves from you boss being there? This isn’t the best advice I guess, but a shot or two of whiskey beforehand can help as well. That’s how dad did it
Old 10-12-2018, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Between the alcohol and a few f-bombs to break the ice, you totally got this. Now get out of the men’s room, get out there, and finish your speech. These people have been waiting 12 hours and frankly at this point it’s getting ridiculous.
Closed Thread