Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.
Those people are busy making money off of China.

This is America. Everything is for sale... for the right price.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. The first website I ever created, back in like '97 or '98, was a Warcraft 2 fan site. I used to LOVE that company, and I'm both angry and sad at how far they've fallen.
That was blizzard then, its just a name now like many other old developer studios.. once they are bought out and passed around town like a whore. It's not the same company anymore and hasn't been for some time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The tone of D3 should have been obvious, it was to some of us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] WoW killed the MMORPG genre and the company. I feel not one ounce of pity for whatever it is now, mobile games company.

Desktop PC computer developers are just indie. PC rides bitch with consoles/mobile. I haven't touch a new game in forever.

Quote:
Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.
Ahhumm.. you know that is complicated. You go to a store and the chinesium tools are whats affordable and the standard American is the premium (not standard) and the German versions are the upgrade to that. I get a little cynical. Some people took a shortcut to earn more profits but changed the way things are done across the board. Would take a significant shake up to turn that boat around and it might not be politically possible.

Our automobile companies go to other nations (fiat owns practically everything). Americans are too expensive to pay, in America. Manufacturing is seen as despicable and only for people entering the country. We push a lot of papers around. We have poor confidence in ourselves (unless its in a country music song to make $$$)

The things you say are noble, I tried to argue this once, on another board and was told this isn't Mayberry anymore. I also got caught up in communist accusations because I didn't support the status quo and questioned if it was really American anymore.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-08-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its just a name now like many other old developer studios.. once they are bought out and passed around town like a whore.
Classy metaphor.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
This message is hidden because Horza is on your ignore list.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Activision pretty much ruined Blizzard when they bought them. They dropped the ball so badly with classic WoW, I am not sure I will ever be able to trust them again.
OP is a legit complaint about Blizz and I agree w loramin 100%, but how did Blizz drop the ball with classic? I'm loving classic lol.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Banned

You mean something that was originally created when it was still Blizzard?
Old 10-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought you abandoned this forum for Rants & Flames because you can't handle any criticism without melting down.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
This message is hidden because Horza is on your ignore list.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Loramin: Besides my desktop PC vs. Mobile argument goes the way of the automobile replacing the horse and buggy. Convenience wins and I am just mad/bad/sad because I don't like that garbage.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

Hey, remember the time we tried to stand up against China?

It was called the TPP.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
.jpg
I've never seen someone so proud of being so thin-skinned.
Closed Thread