Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As I said I agreed with your original post sans all of it being repops.

Take out binds.

Take out Mages (However mages were parked in ToV during Velious for ease of access to setup your raids).

Implement the classic variance.

DA idols were used in classic as well. So that is a tough one. Guess it was different whichever server you played on with this.

Implement classic patch day repops
Mages CERTAINLY were used in ToV. In the hallway to doubles and the walkway to trips there were safe locations to camp out mages and CotH in Raid forces.

I would absolutely love if the server removed the non-classic Flurry drakes who path those halls now and make those spots unsafe.

Maybe a true NToV crawl could exist, rather than the current situation it has now.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what a "circle jerk attitude is". And no, "We" are not done. The guild tag < Rampage > is done.
The saga continues...
Old 02-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages CERTAINLY were used in ToV. In the hallway to doubles and the walkway to trips there were safe locations to camp out mages and CotH in Raid forces.

I would absolutely love if the server removed the non-classic Flurry drakes who path those halls now and make those spots unsafe.

Maybe a true NToV crawl could exist, rather than the current situation it has now.
There are still completely safe spots to summon raids and clear trash. You just have to time the pather's routes. I agree though the Flurries should go.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorillas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you people remember game names from someone who hurt your feelings in VP 2 years ago?
Because we all have gigabytes of log text files and terabytes of FRAPs/Youtube/Twitch videos trying to capture that one special moment of someone doing something maybe against the server rules.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

It still to me leaves one thing out Daldaen. You put players in a box that they were never in in Velious. Live didn't change rules to suit raiding. The players used emergent gameplay to dictate the way they did things. If SoE didn't like what they were using they simply patched in things to stop it. The players then again would come up with new ways to do things.

That was the fun of classic that is missing in the raid scene here. Here you are in a box and you will get punished if you don't play inside that box. A lot of the problems we run into and the fighting with each other we have is the result of the rules and the box you have to play in. It's so easy for the game to turn into petitionquest and lawyerquest when the rules are their to petition and lawyer. Don't get me wrong I am not calling for a "Wild West". Just more classic solutions for these things.
Last edited by Lazie; 02-02-2016 at 12:17 PM..
Old 02-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It still to me leaves one thing out Daldaen. You put players in a box that they were never in in Velious. Live didn't change rules to suit raiding. The players used emergent gameplay to dictate the way they did things. If SoE didn't like what they were using they simply patched in things to stop it. The players then again would come up with new ways to do things.

That was the fun of classic that is missing in the raid scene here. Here you are in a box and you will get punished if you don't play inside that box.
The GMs banned players and disbanded guilds for questionable raiding tactics. See, e.g., Conquest and the Warder bridges.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The GMs banned players and disbanded guilds for questionable raiding tactics. See, e.g., Conquest and the Warder bridges.
Well in extreme cases of course they did. Especially when exploits were used to avoid the game mechanics of the encounters. They however did not "raid suspend". They did not keep a list of raid infractions and have them cumulatively adding up. They had the Play Nice Policy and they rarely stepped in unless things were being exploited or the Play Nice Policy was not being followed.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
They however did not "raid suspend". They did not keep a list of raid infractions and have them cumulatively adding up. They had the Play Nice Policy and they rarely stepped in unless things were being exploited or the Play Nice Policy was not being followed.
True. I would like to have seen more outright bans, whether character or guilds, instead of suspensions-in-name-only over the last 5 years. Giving people something to lose instead of a time-out likely would have straightened things out.
Old 02-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You fail to know me then.

The goal of full repops is to have a situation where no one EVER has to sit and track a mob staring at a wall, refreshing 10 second track Windows, refreshing 5 min TL boxes, duck casting 12 second CotHs for hours and hours on end. Having many individuals willing to do those things shouldn't be the determining factor for participating in the raid scene on this server.

The goal is not to prevent guilds from having a clean sweep of 80-90% of the raid targets. That's merely a byproduct of the repop and in my eyes a good one that promotes the health of the server by allowing many guilds to raid and enjoy their raiding.

A global message goes out. Everyone knows everything is up. No need to field a 5 man FTE group from 1AM-7AM on a god damn Wednesday morning. Just one Euro or Aussie dude in your guild online able to send a batphone is sufficient if sim repops replace respawns.

CSG for example got to kill their first Dain and their first Dracoliche and were damn close to pulling in their first Cazic Thule attempt too. That's what sim repops should be about.

The hardest core people should be shuffling around fighting over ST keys, Vulak, KT, AoW, etc. While they do that every other guild can step up outside of their previous comfort zone and take shots at the Dains, Statues, WToV and NToV targets of their choice, mostly uninterrupted if they go quickly.

If you want to go as classic as possible (which I'm in favor of)... go back through server patch history and you see how many patches they put out in 2001 (Velious era), they were averaging about 1 every 2 weeks. Every single patch they did took down the server and brought it back up with full respawns. This doesn't even include server outages for other reasons which were somewhat common as well.

Sim repops twice monthly that update all respawn timers. The normal respawns have 0 variance (which is mostly classic for most of these targets), so that the 3-day mobs spawn with correct frequency and so that the more casual guilds can pick a target on a respawn and plan around sniping that mob the when it respawns. Probably honing their strategy of pulling or killing that specific target, before moving onto a new target the following week with the next sim repop. The hardcore guilds can battle each other for their high end targets. Then after 1 respawn cycle with known respawn times for the 7 day targets you can expect another sim repop and the cycle repeats itself.
I would love to play on this server.
Solo Kills
Old 02-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Lazie while I agree with you because we share the same perspective. You are barking up the wrong tree at this point. I wish we could write our perspective to our hearts content in order to change other peoples perspective or tell them our truths, but most are easily tricked by mindless posts and single minded interpretation all due to the shit flung around on these boards.
Last edited by FatMice; 02-02-2016 at 12:32 PM..
Closed Thread