Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Default Trade skills: Leveling up tailoring

My tailoring is at 155 and I've been making fleeting quivers to up my skill. I understand that my skill increases wont be that frequent, however, out of 7 fleeting quiver attempts I've only gotten 1 skill increase. Is this normal? My INT is 187. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

When I was leveling my tailoring, I sometimes did 20-30 combines without a skillup. I sometimes got skillups frequently. My wisdom was 200+. Random number generator is random. :/
Old 03-24-2016, 01:02 AM
Kobold

I'd get your wis/int over 200 before you do another combine, and fleeting quivers are exceptionally expensive per combine to skill up on (regardless of what the wiki says). Try doing othmir fur hats as it will be less expensive per combine (by a lot, even if you buy the furs from players).

Once you get into the 190+ area of any tradeskill, expect to go long stretches w/o any skillups. even with max int/wis you're looking at maybe a 6% chance per successful combine to get a skillup. I've gone 160 combines on a melee toon with only 104 int at the time w/o a skill up doing brewing at about 190 skill (capped now). Plan on budgeting for an insane amount of materials to destroy on the combine button.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlefurge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My tailoring is at 155 and I've been making fleeting quivers to up my skill. I understand that my skill increases wont be that frequent, however, out of 7 fleeting quiver attempts I've only gotten 1 skill increase. Is this normal? My INT is 187. Thanks.
You will wishing you got 1 skillup in 7 attempts the once you hit 200+
Old 03-25-2016, 01:05 AM
Aviak

At 212 tailoring I get a skillup from fleeting quivers every 7 or so. I am about to do 20 more I will be happy with 2 skillups. I am successful four of five times as well.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDawg816 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was leveling my tailoring, I sometimes did 20-30 combines without a skillup. I sometimes got skillups frequently. My wisdom was 200+. Random number generator is random. :/
I wanna say tailoring later on about 30 combines per point got pretty common. Freaking 3 years to cap that dumb skill.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Aviak

I did 20 combines of Fleeting Quiver. 212 to 215. 3 years sounds about right. I dumped a ton a plat to get trivial for the shawl, I am now giving tailoring a break for a while [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Large Rat

I remember that at some point str/dex became an option for tradeskilling. Is that the case here, or was it only for certain skills such as black smithing?
Old 04-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberries [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember that at some point str/dex became an option for tradeskilling. Is that the case here, or was it only for certain skills such as black smithing?
classic is as classic does... int/wis for everything except smithing/fletching. Not sure if smithing only uses str, or if it uses which ever is higher of str/int/wis... fletching is int/wis/dex whichever is highest (pretty sure on that one)
Old 04-12-2016, 05:56 AM
Fire Giant

Just some hard core facts and strats from a 250 tailor:

Do combines that have triv skill close to your skill. Succesfull combines have a greater chance for a skill up that non-succes full combines.

In your particular case with a skill of 155 and making Fleeting Quivers and with a (way too lousy) int at 187; your chances for a skill up is around 13%, aka 1 out og 8. This comes of course with a variance. Hence, consider yourself lucky only having to spend 7 combines to get a skill up.

NarcolepticLTD suggest doing Othmir Fur. Trivial is not known for sure but without having made any Othmir I would think it is 335 as with other Velious Tailoring. In your case your chances for a skill up would be around 10%, but as already stated this would prolly be cheaper and faster.

Why on earth arent you doing Wu's Shirts up untill 158??
Last edited by Kiwix; 04-12-2016 at 06:07 AM..
Closed Thread