Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 08:29 PM
Kobold

If I was white would you treat me this way?
Old 08-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

dial a brother now crootin.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurflogik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT: All bards are swarm kiters and also raped my dog/wife/child.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl9vouECjgs don't discriminate against the husbands.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Oops. That was the actual interview, not the song version.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw
Old 08-03-2016, 01:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rosco is my hero. I'm glad he stood up to this bard. You can only take so much abuse from players who screw you on fees. Dial a Port doesn't work for tips, we work for fees. We port you, you pay us. The fee is 1 platinum per level. If you have a problem with that, then walk, run or wait 30 mins for a boat and do enjoy the long boat ride cheapskate.

As a member of Dial a Port and I can tell you that bards are consistently tip the lowest of all classes. These are the very same bards that charge players 2.5k plat an hour for bard powerleveling service. It's fucking ridiculous.

However, not all bards are bad tippers. There are some good ones.

Also, bards are the biggest abusers of free corpse retrieval ports too since they are always dying due to their risky playstyle i.e. swarm kiting.

If you fail to tip a DAP member or screw us with a low fee then you will be put on /ignore and everyone in DAP will add you to their /ignore list. So think twice before you decide to be a cheap bastard and not pay us because it will be your last DAP port.

Without DAP and the good people that spend hours of their precious free time porting players this server would come to a screeching halt. Raids would have a hard time assembling without the additional assistance of DAP porters.

DAP members are hard working decent folks who bust their asses porting players 24/7. We could be out having fun but instead we choose to provide a unique paid, professional service to players. We help players all the time with additional services that provide Evacs, Pickups, Bind Affinity, SoW, Levitate, Invis and See Invis just to name a few. We perform deeds of kindness that you will never hear about such as 96% rezzes and ports to newbies.
This guy gets it. I was talking to Roscoe the other day, he's a nice guy. He was passing out the buffs to people xp'ing, porting for cash and generally being friendly. He's well known and decent. He didn't get baited by the three bards throwing a tantrum that he wouldn't port them. He wasn't trolling, he was simply declining to port them. Roscoe is a hero of the taxi class, and shining a light on people who take advantage of decent helpful players.

Maybe Dial A Port could create a thread of cheap players? Even as a gypsy taxi, I'd honor the list.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:43 AM
Orc

When bards would send me tells when I was on my 60 cleric I always charged 3k up front for a rez.

Never sold a rez to a bard but it was lulzy AF. Sitting by a corpse, a single click away from a 96%, because fuck bards and their swarms that had fucked over each one of my toons at least once.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Valse was an officer in BDA.
same thing
Solo Kills
Old 08-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Kobold

Easy resolution:

a) If you think Roscoe is a badass hero.. add him to your friends him and ask him specifically for ports when he is online and throw him a little extra on top for your ports when you can.

b) If you think Roscoe is a classist, racist scumbag.. Put him on ignore and shun him.

I chose a.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Easy resolution:

a) If you think Roscoe is a badass hero.. add him to your friends him and ask him specifically for ports when he is online and throw him a little extra on top for your ports when you can.

b) If you think Roscoe is a classist, racist scumbag.. Put him on ignore and shun him.

I chose a.
What about if in an m night shyamalanesque twist this thread was engineered to promote rozcoe and increase his sales?

He is the hero this box needs tho
Old 08-04-2016, 10:36 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to RnF, Valse.