Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Sarnak

If you believe there is skill involved in EQ then the origional SAC is absolutley a display of that skill. This is not an FPS where you need to be able to aim and shoot in the blink of an eye. Most of the kills in SAC require knowning the game and learning how and when to use abilities not to mention understanding the zone and mechanics of EQ. These are the skills required to be good at this game. Knowledge is power.

The raid scene on this server makes it almost impossible to do the actually fun challenges which would be 2-6 manning raid mobs. Everything solo has basically been done at this point.

I think the low level stuff could def be cool. When I soloed frog king in guk i was mid/low 50s and it made it way more of a challenge. Even some of my HS north kills were mid 50s and def a lot of fun and challenging especially those first summoning mobs.
Solo Kills
Old 04-10-2017, 05:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you believe there is skill involved in EQ then the origional SAC is absolutley a display of that skill. This is not an FPS where you need to be able to aim and shoot in the blink of an eye. Most of the kills in SAC require knowning the game and learning how and when to use abilities not to mention understanding the zone and mechanics of EQ. These are the skills required to be good at this game. Knowledge is power.

The raid scene on this server makes it almost impossible to do the actually fun challenges which would be 2-6 manning raid mobs. Everything solo has basically been done at this point.

I think the low level stuff could def be cool. When I soloed frog king in guk i was mid/low 50s and it made it way more of a challenge. Even some of my HS north kills were mid 50s and def a lot of fun and challenging especially those first summoning mobs.
This. I totally agree with Maurilax. It takes som serious skills and knowledge to get these kills. Also dont forget shamans, even with strings dont have lull line spells, which makes things challenging anyhow. Let this challenge happen and dont shit the thread with boxing nonsense. Also thumbs up to Izmael for the website, its great to see this going again.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

I'm still looking for comments on the Velketor mob tiers.
Lots are missing, please chime in if you're a Velk wiz.
https://p99solo.wordpress.com/velketor/

Someone is working on lower level zones list and I'm about to start compiling data on Seb.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:33 AM
Planar Protector

Added a Howling Stones page:
https://p99solo.wordpress.com/howling_stones/
Old 04-12-2017, 06:03 AM
Fire Giant

My suggestion: Make one SAC thread for every class. Ban all clickies.
This way a determined cleric can outcompete every other cleric. What's hard for a cleric isnt often hard for an enchanter. This way even warriors can have fun here.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.gucomics.com/20000822
Old 04-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crypt Wurm in North seems to be missing.

Thanks for doing this btw should be fun.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crypt Wurm in North seems to be missing.

Thanks for doing this btw should be fun.
I left him out on purpose - figured he's too gimp to even make Tier 1, but hey, I'll add him because why not.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I left him out on purpose - figured he's too gimp to even make Tier 1, but hey, I'll add him because why not.
Were you leaving the goo and the golem out too? They spawn in the same spots and have the exact same level and stats as the wurm, after all, apart from that proccing weapon the bile I think can sometimes have. And the spectre is barely different; he's just got a small lifetap proc I think? It's been a long time.

Besides, you acknowledged earlier in the thread that a large part of the difficulty in soloing any given mob is getting to (and possibly spawning) and pulling it, not just killing the mob by itself in a vaccuum. HS north is no picnic to solo unless you're already an accomplished soloer and/or familiar with the place. And even then, there's miles of difference between handling one of the rooms where the key for the boss room spawns as a chanter or a necro compared to as a shaman or druid or something. IIRC some of the best original SAC competitors didn't do north until they were 60, and I don't remember ever seen anyone outside of enchanter, necro, or shaman soloing it at all.

Further, you insisted on using a zone-by-zone system for this. Why in the world would you leave a named, loot-dropping NPC off of the list when your whole idea for the ranking was to show what all a person has done in a specific zone?

Are you sure about tier 6 for HS? Undertaker Lord is 56, so no normal mezzes, no stuns, tougher resists, and he's got a HT (and SK spells? I can't recall). Compared to Mortiferous Protector who is only 55, so he can be mezzed, stunned, has generally lower resists, and doesn't HT (or cast). Did they change DS with Velious? I almost want to say she should be on the same tier as Undertaker Lord. I mean, she hits harder and casts necro spells and has a big lifetap proc (as of the last I knew)... but she is more easily pulled and is only level 55 so she can be stunned.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 04-13-2017 at 07:18 AM..
Old 04-13-2017, 07:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only clickies that should be allowed are "easily obtainable" clickies (like goblin earring, ES arms, etc...). Things like soulfire and puppet strings kind of kill the point, which is soloing using your class.
I completely agree and made this point in the old thread, apparently Daldaen and a few others who felt accomplished doing Verina Tomb solo with puppet strings/etc don't like that kind of criticism.

If an enchanter or even a bard can solo Verina with no clickies (granted he/she would need some luck) that's what the thread should be about - quite a milestone and worthy of a pat on the back.

I know Redwjamz/Hathaway solo'd Phinny and everyone was impressed - but wasn't there some issue with bugged mobs in the zone that he moved out of the way?
Closed Thread