Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 09-26-2020, 02:33 PM
icedwards icedwards is offline
Sarnak

icedwards's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The story I heard, from a former AG officer, was that Riot wanted to merge with AG towards the beginning, and when those talks eventually broke off, Riot offered pixel packages to a few AG officers, who secretively talked a bunch of members (A significant amount) into coming along with them, also for pixel packages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Riot has never offered a dkp package, just powerful projection coming from the same old smoothbrains
  #92  
Old 09-26-2020, 08:17 PM
Baylan295 Baylan295 is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The story I heard, from a former AG officer, was that Riot wanted to merge with AG towards the beginning, and when those talks eventually broke off, Riot offered pixel packages to a few AG officers, who secretively talked a bunch of members (A significant amount) into coming along with them, also for pixel packages.
As one of the two people from Riot who was actually part of the conversation, not a single part of this is true. AM was offering a DKP package at the time (the same one Detoxx offered everyone). The AG group still joined Riot.
  #93  
Old 09-26-2020, 10:31 PM
Dogma Dogma is offline
Sarnak

Dogma's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AM was offering a DKP package at the time (the same one Detoxx offered everyone).
Wonder what Detoxx is offering Lennard. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  #94  
Old 09-26-2020, 10:34 PM
Daloon Daloon is offline
Sarnak

Daloon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 203
Default

Do I still get my DKP if I join <Freedom>?? winter is coming
__________________
Dannyl
  #95  
Old 09-26-2020, 11:10 PM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 452
Default

ill need a brand new dkp package
  #96  
Old 09-27-2020, 01:34 AM
Nexii Nexii is offline
Sarnak

Nexii's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Neriak Third Gate
Posts: 400
Default

I never got offered DKP it's all fake news
__________________
Nexii Vanadis <Riot> <Apex> | Nexii's Erotic Adventures
  #97  
Old 09-27-2020, 01:50 PM
Nirgon Nirgon is offline
Planar Protector

Nirgon's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ruins of Old Paineel
Posts: 14,380
Default

lol the beta is over, did no one tell ya
  #98  
Old 09-27-2020, 01:55 PM
Twochain Twochain is offline
Sarnak

Twochain's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sebilis
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As one of the two people from Riot who was actually part of the conversation, not a single part of this is true. AM was offering a DKP package at the time (the same one Detoxx offered everyone). The AG group still joined Riot.
/shrug, it's what I was told. I have no proof I wasn't there =)
__________________
60 GrandMaster <Aftermath>
Tarew Marr former <Noble Lion>
  #99  
Old 09-27-2020, 02:58 PM
hobart hobart is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As one of the two people from Riot who was actually part of the conversation, not a single part of this is true. AM was offering a DKP package at the time (the same one Detoxx offered everyone). The AG group still joined Riot.
Confirmed.

I was in that batch of applicants. Decided to quit raiding instead - early in the process. No pixel package was offered anyone nor did anyone receive one. We asked because AM offered one and it never hurts to ask.

Frankly, our decision was made up before hand. Happy to say I was a swaying voice in that conversation because I had first hand experience from the TMO days as to what a condescending piece of shit Detoxx is.

The thing is that most people that play this game are in their late 30s to 40s and are at least somewhat established in their careers and their lives. No one wants to be talked down to over a video game. And the people invested enough in this game to either act that way or accept that sort of treatment are probably the same people who disregard the sign and don't wash their hands before returning to work after using the restroom.
  #100  
Old 09-27-2020, 03:25 PM
Dogma Dogma is offline
Sarnak

Dogma's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 246
Default

Sneak peek of the latest edition of newsletter!

How did Freedom (and AG) do this cycle??

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.