Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 04:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The disappointment I have is that Detoxx, at least at one point, cared about this kind of stuff.

I remember being told to kill myself by a member of AM in /ooc who was instantly guildremoved. I got apologies from multiple officers.

But it's clear that was all a facade. Winning matters more than Freedom removing toxic assholes. Monrezz, DMX, and others were what made AM work. I haven't logged in for months, just check in on occasion because I still have a lot of friends that play. But the fact that Furoar and Detoxx are cool with their members telling people to kill themselves and wishing death on people says enough about what they care about.

Kabull was a dude I enjoyed playing with, but he has been too immersed. I hope he's doing well, but I really hope he moves on from p99 because that's probably the healthiest thing for him.
If Kabull was a dude you enjoyed playing with, why wouldn't we give him a chance? There's no correct level of immersion.

I think a good portion of us has said fucked up shit on the internet, idk, it's hard for me to take that kind of thing serious. If someone told me to kill myself on the internet, it would mean nothing to me.
Old 12-25-2020, 04:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If Kabull was a dude you enjoyed playing with, why wouldn't we give him a chance? There's no correct level of immersion.

I think a good portion of us has said fucked up shit on the internet, idk, it's hard for me to take that kind of thing serious. If someone told me to kill myself on the internet, it would mean nothing to me.
I mean these messages were coming in completely unprompted for weeks. And for a good deal of time a mere 15 minutes apart. A normal psychopath would have been done after a few barrages.

I have never seen anyone wish deaths on family members since I've been involved in this raid scene. That is a disturbing level of toxicity. If you consider that a "correct level of immersion", then I don't know that we'll ever agree on what's normal.
Old 12-25-2020, 04:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean these messages were coming in completely unprompted for weeks. And for a good deal of time a mere 15 minutes apart. A normal psychopath would have been done after a few barrages.

I have never seen anyone wish deaths on family members since I've been involved in this raid scene. That is a disturbing level of toxicity. If you consider that a "correct level of immersion", then I don't know that we'll ever agree on what's normal.
Correct level of immersion meaning we all a lil tarded

i'm sure people have said much worse about dongtoxx, shit i have
Old 12-25-2020, 11:11 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dongtoxx
Please tell me this is a legit alt... This needs to be a legit alt...
Old 12-25-2020, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

I used to be super immersed in this game. I still am but it's different now. It's not about pixel immersion, its more like 'what is gonna happen today' and sometimes I'm surprised by something cool and amusing. Guys like OP and his budy are fun to interact with because sometimes this situation gets avoided and they become friends instead of hateful enemies over some pre-originated digital bits that have sorta existed since 1999 ish and just are.

I mean it's not like the pixels are unique. Or special. Their just a database entry and some shared graphics with like a global graphics file of other items.

I think several swords use the abashi icon and in game graphic?

But needless to say, I would have given someone my abashi, but not if they threatened me and called me names, then I would probably kick them from the guild and let them think about their life choices, maybe report them to the online safety PC police. These guys don't need perma bans tho, they need some incentive to keep trying.

I think what happens in a lot of cases is these guys just can't get it right, so they fight and scream and get upset only instead of being good sports. There needs to be a way we can rehabilitate these people so they learn to be obedient and lawful about pixel acquisition and to wait their turn like gentleman. If they get banned or quit, they just reroll and come back and yell at us again with a different name.

IDK. Some people can't be rehabilitated tho. And some people will always demand they get at least 10 abashi's while other people have none. It's not for me to decide who gets abashis, because I'm not willing to personally put in the effort to see one drop off a mob I helped kill.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

For the same reason Monrezz/Detoxx instantly guild removed the guy in AM that told me to kill myself in OOC? It’s unacceptable behavior from anyone. Some things don’t deserve second chances. Telling folks to kill themselves and that they hope their family in the hospital dies is orders of magnitude worse than the things I’ve observed on this server. And reality is that reputation is *supposed* to matter here.

Of course, I’d say logging in another guild’s bot to train them is also unacceptable behavior, but that’s for another thread.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please tell me this is a legit alt... This needs to be a legit alt...
That name has been rejected.

There is hope.
Old 12-25-2020, 12:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That name has been rejected.

There is hope.
Is there even a reason to play P99 anymore? Everything is a lie. Nothing has meaning.
Hello darkness, my old friend...
Old 12-25-2020, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there even a reason to play P99 anymore? Everything is a lie. Nothing has meaning.
Hello darkness, my old friend...
Have you gotten a lvl 60 on red yet? Got to get that under your belt, then your done with EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-25-2020, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your own guild mate started this thread and you were the one that posted the screenshots because the “cat was out of the bag.” If you can’t see why you and your guild are as pathetic as anyone raiding on p99 then that is some serious lack of awareness.

Here’s the obvious take away here: Riot desperately kept Kabull around long enough until they couldn’t handle him anymore and that’s how it’s going to be for any guild he lands in if he pulls stunts like this. Freedom is no worse for giving him a chance than Riot was.

There is so much pretentiousness coming from a guild who had the longest uncompetitive reign at the top of the raiding scene and is now more concerned with scoring free Vulaks. Freedom might have a handful of players that rustle your jimmies but at least they are willing to compete and have some fun. I’d be absolutely embarrassed to be part of a guild that would prefer to leave up a Vulak blocker until after prime time. Say what you want about our horrible PR game, but I’d rather uninstall and play Hello Kitty Online than leave a Vulak blocker up until a time where Riot has trouble fielding a force. Absolute embarrassment.
qft
Closed Thread