Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

After Kunark.
Old 02-03-2021, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Shadows of Luclin - Planes of power - Legacy of Ykesha would be my 3 step tier to downhill.

SoL killed a lot of the traditional fantasy element, take that as you will, space cats and nexus/bazaar all kill community aspects of EQ, one of its primary strengths. Additionaly, raid keying got a lot more brutal, stepping up the difficulty to participate in endgame contnet.

Planes of Power took ease of access from shadows of luclin and cranked the knob up, instead of just having timed nexus teleports at spires, now you had a stone you could click in every city, and click it to get to any city.....

I did play and enjoyed planes of power, but never touched the endgame, i think your cheeto powder layers had to be pretty thick on the beard for plane of time/rathe council.

Legacy of Ykesha... Ehhh..I know Planes of Power had introduced recommended levels, or maybe that was shadows of luclin, I always hated the killing of the twink player, half the fun of everquest was decking out a newbie character, and it kept old players in low level content.

Anyway I did a few zones in LoY and never re-subbed after that, it felt like a game that no longer gave a shit, lol.
lvls on gear happened right after the revamp of CT temple wich was luclin.
I enjoyed the drama over the road to quarm kill though.
i think pop was the first xpack wich was tuned alot because like 90% of average player had no the skill gear, or just brain to finish the original plane of justice Trials
Old 02-03-2021, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami21k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoP would have been perfect if it didn’t have PoK or the Bazaar. Those were the first steps to depersonalizing the game. I thought that Ssra and VT were really fun zones. I’ll echo what others have said and say that PoP brought some of the magic back. One thing I would kill to have on P99 is AA points. It really opened up a lot of doors for classes that weren’t so well balanced pre luclin. On the flip side of that it also closed a lot of doors for people that casuals who couldn’t grind enough AA to get their foot in the door of certain guilds. All things being equal i stopped playing mid PoP, tried to come back in GoD but it didn’t seem fun anymore.
VT fun? it was probably the worst raid ever designed , i could go take a pop with a newspaper and come back and blobs would be still alive
Old 02-03-2021, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Item loot in WoW pvp would have been epic but can you imagine the Blizzkids opening tickets every time they died? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it was possible on the closed beta.
Old 02-04-2021, 12:38 AM
Banned

game literally died when legacy of ykesha came out
Old 02-04-2021, 12:46 PM
Banned

were u even born then
Old 02-05-2021, 10:06 PM
Sarnak

the Nexus and the Bazaar killed EQ

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 02-05-2021, 11:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
game literally died when legacy of ykesha came out
You know an expansion is shit when it's released and nobody goes there except maybe to get the lizard mount drums.... I remember exploring LoY on my monk right after it released. Nobody went there at all
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-05-2021, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know an expansion is shit when it's released and nobody goes there except maybe to get the lizard mount drums.... I remember exploring LoY on my monk right after it released. Nobody went there at all
LoY wasn't a full on expansion.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

I logged on LoY launch. I got some black dye to make my Wood Elf Druid look like a ninja. And then that was the last time I played a Live Server.
Closed Thread