Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Great so then the play camps will be permanently camped by raid guild neckbeards nonstop even after they have already obtained a decent amount of play. Great situation for the non raiders; super smart OP
Old 04-21-2021, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Guild banks are a reality and that’s the only hang up I see.
Old 04-21-2021, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Randoming loses the most important part of a currency based loot distribution, which is the ability for people to indicate how much they actually care about items so it goes to the person who values it the most.

You random stuff, you're purposefully reducing the overall economic utility of the items you're getting for your raidforce. Purposefully making people get less of the stuff they want in exchange for getting more of the stuff they don't want tends to not be a really good resource allocation system.

The platinum thing proposed here seems fine; everyone wins when you get a raid target, and you keep the price signals so items go to people who want them the most. The administrative overhead is probably the worst part, because you really want to use a ledger to avoid a ton of overhead but that requires someone sticking an enormous quantity of platinum on a guild banker that's technically got accounts from a lot of members. That's just asking for someone to walk off with it. One of the benefits of a company-scrip style DKP fiat currency system is that noone can steal all of the DKP and run off with it.

If you don't do it with a common ledger based system, you need everyone to have their own bank character, then payouts become really cumbersome. Maybe its viable to have a hybrid model where most people keep their plat on one of their own characters but get paid out once a week from a common banker or something.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Randoming loses the most important part of a currency based loot distribution, which is the ability for people to indicate how much they actually care about items so it goes to the person who values it the most.
Disagree. On WoW it actually tracks how many times you’ve killed certain mobs in raid zones. I think I ran Siege of Orgrimmar like 36 times to get a bracer and never got it. I saw many noobs get it on their first run.

It was actually really good for the community because it forced an extremely experienced player (myself) to lead and organize raids that consisted of mostly under geared and inexperienced players and lead them through this content on a weekly basis since after week 12 most people had gotten what they wanted from SoO and moved on with their lives.

You express how bad you want equipment by showing up all of the time. This is also how I was one of the first Rogues on my server to get full Woven Shadow and Assassin’s armor. I didn’t have really good luck with randoms- I was the only rogue who consistently showed up to raids. I lost a ton of randoms to bad / noobs, but those same noobs hardly ever raided so they only had that one piece of armor. When I finally completed my sets it showed people how much time and dedication I put into getting that armor, which also showed my level of experience with the raid scene.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:18 PM
Banned

Gold DKP runs are what ruined World of Warcraft classic. Grab those credit cards and head over to the plat selling sites

All games given enough time become pay $$ to win
Closed Thread