Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-01-2021, 06:35 PM
Banned

If you were on mischief, you heard "yeah that morons from p99" but got gassed up and heard a compliment
Old 06-01-2021, 10:20 PM
Banned

P99 is a lot easier to play than TLP. A lot of things that are broken OP on P99 have long since been removed from the game on TLP.

Need plat on P99? Just go farm Halfling Guards or Treants. On TLP the Halflings respawn so slow that it's a terrible way to farm $$$ and the Treants aren't a static spawn, and are really hard to find.

300% ZEMs means you get blazing experience most of your career, and players only do the same exact camps over and over again to the point where the leveling system almost runs like clock-work.

The play-style in TLP requires you to be a lot more active than P99. P99 is very slow-paced and like as a Cleric I literally just buff people once an hour, and toss out a heal ever so often, rarely having any mana issues or much to think about.

On TLP I'm constantly OOM and as a Cleric I die more than anyone else in the group. This is the opposite of P99 where Clerics almost never die. On P99 if I get aggro, I just divine barrier, and immediately drop all aggro. Train? Face-tank the mobs while your team mates run away, giving them a head start, and then divine barrier, the mobs will then chase your team mates while you load gate and med. About 10 seconds later drop the barrier and gate.

This does not work on TLP because the mobs aren't morons. When you need Divine Barrier you almost never have enough mana to cast it, and if you do get it off, you can only keep it up for a second because if you wait too long someone in your group will die. Players require a lot more heals to stay alive. But unlike on P99, these mobs aren't idiots, so when you drop barrier, they immediately turn and try to finish you off.

And another thing, like using gate to escape bad situations almost never works on TLP. I'm a level 50 Cleric with better gear than I had on P99 and I died in Runnyeye last night to level 25 mobs because I couldn't cast an AOE or gate with them beating me up. On P99 my level 50 Cleric in patchwork easily solo'd the entire zone without a care in the world.

It's weird though, like Clerics in Guk still feel immensely more powerful on TLP than they do on P99 because they dramatically reduced the cost of your anti-undead spells and gave Clerics bane-strike.

But nah, P99 is for sure the easier version of the game. Part of why I made a Cleric on TLP is I love the laid back, slow paced play-style... on TLP this is not the case, I feel like I'm working my ass off compared to other classes. On P99 if you don't have buffs, it's because I'm bad. On TLP if you don't have buffs, look at my fucking mana bar, you idiot. Do you think I have enough mana to buff anyone who's not a tank??
Old 06-01-2021, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is a lot easier to play than TLP. A lot of things that are broken OP on P99 have long since been removed from the game on TLP.

Need plat on P99? Just go farm Halfling Guards or Treants. On TLP the Halflings respawn so slow that it's a terrible way to farm $$$ and the Treants aren't a static spawn, and are really hard to find.

300% ZEMs means you get blazing experience most of your career, and players only do the same exact camps over and over again to the point where the leveling system almost runs like clock-work.

The play-style in TLP requires you to be a lot more active than P99. P99 is very slow-paced and like as a Cleric I literally just buff people once an hour, and toss out a heal ever so often, rarely having any mana issues or much to think about.

On TLP I'm constantly OOM and as a Cleric I die more than anyone else in the group. This is the opposite of P99 where Clerics almost never die. On P99 if I get aggro, I just divine barrier, and immediately drop all aggro. Train? Face-tank the mobs while your team mates run away, giving them a head start, and then divine barrier, the mobs will then chase your team mates while you load gate and med. About 10 seconds later drop the barrier and gate.

This does not work on TLP because the mobs aren't morons. When you need Divine Barrier you almost never have enough mana to cast it, and if you do get it off, you can only keep it up for a second because if you wait too long someone in your group will die. Players require a lot more heals to stay alive. But unlike on P99, these mobs aren't idiots, so when you drop barrier, they immediately turn and try to finish you off.

And another thing, like using gate to escape bad situations almost never works on TLP. I'm a level 50 Cleric with better gear than I had on P99 and I died in Runnyeye last night to level 25 mobs because I couldn't cast an AOE or gate with them beating me up. On P99 my level 50 Cleric in patchwork easily solo'd the entire zone without a care in the world.

It's weird though, like Clerics in Guk still feel immensely more powerful on TLP than they do on P99 because they dramatically reduced the cost of your anti-undead spells and gave Clerics bane-strike.

But nah, P99 is for sure the easier version of the game. Part of why I made a Cleric on TLP is I love the laid back, slow paced play-style... on TLP this is not the case, I feel like I'm working my ass off compared to other classes. On P99 if you don't have buffs, it's because I'm bad. On TLP if you don't have buffs, look at my fucking mana bar, you idiot. Do you think I have enough mana to buff anyone who's not a tank??
Not sure which TLP you are playing. It is super easy mode on TLP. Just buy a pre nerf fungi staff (Theres a ton of em) and some JBoots with a few Krono. The mana regen rate is already faster than P99 and there are clarity potions, so casters just blaze through kunark and Velious. Way easier than P99.
Old 06-02-2021, 01:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure which TLP you are playing. It is super easy mode on TLP. Just buy a pre nerf fungi staff (Theres a ton of em) and some JBoots with a few Krono. The mana regen rate is already faster than P99 and there are clarity potions, so casters just blaze through kunark and Velious. Way easier than P99.
I'm talking about the TLP that is in classic. You're probably talking about The Serpent Shrine or some other weird shit I've never even played before.

Solo'ing feels utterly fruitless on TLP, even if you are the most solo-friendly class like Necro it feels like you are absolutely gimping yourself by solo'ing. Mana regen is faster because combat is faster.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:18 AM
Banned

If you solo on tlp people just ks you lol.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's weird, I had the opposite experience.

I had 400 plat at level 3 and was level 28 in 2 days and the first time I had to sit down to meditate was around level 20.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Oh yea I was level 20 at the end of day 2.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:43 AM
Aviak

I've got a cleric and shadowknight leveled to 60 on Aradune and can confirm it is ez mode. I don't think I've even logged in since the 2nd toon hit 60 cuz it's meh.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:17 PM
Sarnak

I can bench 185!
Closed Thread