Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Default What constitutes being considered "twinked" on blue?

I made about 20-25k plat soloing Paineel guards from 22-51 on my Dwarf Paladin, and dumped most of it into gearing a Human Ranger. Haven't been able to play it for the last year or so because my PC died, and I only recently replaced it, but now I feel like getting back onto my ranger and playing again.

Basically I have 2x Lamentations, a 24% haste belt and a lot of AC/HP boosters, some expensive ones like Silver Chitin Wristbands, but no regen items like fungi or anything like that. Except for the weapons, this is all stuff I can eventually transfer to a Bard, and later to other classes like a Warrior or SK.

Is this enough to be considered "twinked out." Or do you need super-rich items like Fungi to even qualify for that?
Old 06-17-2021, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sure there are folks who have spent significantly more than 25k on an alt but I can tell you that's about 24,900pp more than I started my ranger with and he was still a blast. Sounds like you're nicely twinked to me!
Old 06-17-2021, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

Im playing with a ranger with this level of twinkage on live TLP this very moment and at 35 am soloing maid/butler (barely) and it's awesome!
Old 06-17-2021, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

I mean p99 is 10+ yrs old so no not really twinked for here for some people, but it is pretty twinked for classic content
Old 06-17-2021, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean p99 is 10+ yrs old so no not really twinked for here for some people, but it is pretty twinked for classic content
I solo'd in Paineel from 22-51 with less. Aside from the times when burnout sets in, leveling from 20-50 in this place means banking roughly 20k plat along the way, so each character I do it with will be funded enough by their 50's to afford most of whatever they need, be it armor gems, clickies, epic pieces, whatever.

Though Paineel seems a bit more crowded than usual these days, so maybe the secrets out regarding what a goldmine this place is for money, especially considering it's close to a major city, is a safe haven for evil characters and one can easily work up the rep to get inside and never have to worry about being KoS.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

woot just got my guise from the butler maid as a ranger solo on mischife at 35 I feel like this class is the best.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:52 PM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Gladimir
Old 06-18-2021, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

plays a warrior for years, "I need something different." Plays paladin.

hehe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(nice looking as usual!)
Old 06-18-2021, 02:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Obviously there are different ‘tiers’ of twinks and everyone will have their own opinion on what defines one. If your character has significantly better gear than what you’d normally be able to have access to at any given level, that would be considered twinked IMO.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

25k is a low grade twink. 100k+ is typical if you go Fungi in your melee build. But you really don’t need much if your a competent player although the regen does help.
Closed Thread