Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Kobold

I just came up with a weird idea here.
What if you would have res effect say 10 mins after taking a PvP death.
What if you could loot an PvP item like the Deity coin on Sullon Zek.
And what if you could turn that coin or whatever it could be in to Priest of Discord and that would remove the res effect.

So as long as you have a few kills you are good. Or even make the item lore... :P
Old 09-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Kinda like a buy back in dota :P
Old 09-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Just spitballing here :P
Old 09-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

I don't need to see the future to know that new players(non hardcore), that the server needs to survive, that you're going to such great lengths to attract with a teams ruleset, won't tolerate losing their gear. They don't have the talent they're going to be losing lots of gear. They're struggling just to get their leather/banded and maybe an item from a dungeon that they're happy they got. Maybe if you let people loot food and water
Old 09-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't need to see the future to know that new players(non hardcore), that the server needs to survive, that you're going to such great lengths to attract with a teams ruleset, won't tolerate losing their gear. They don't have the talent they're going to be losing lots of gear. They're struggling just to get their leather/banded and maybe an item from a dungeon that they're happy they got. Maybe if you let people loot food and water
I started on RZ so i know that item loot is a lot of fun.
But that being said, i agree with you that new players and well, players who are not
used to the brutal nature of item loot will probably not stick around after a griefing session or two.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
People that claim to see the future say no one will play with item loot. Despite me not believing them, there are a variety of ways to implement it that we discussed on the stream. People played on other servers than coin-only teams and if possible, we should take the best parts of all of the servers.

Choice of 1 item, droppable. Not primary/secondary/ranged.
In bags? Not in bags? Could also make bagged loot droppable and the primary 8 inventory slots safe areas. Meaning if you sacrificed a bag slot to place an item there, it would be safe from looting. Alternately, you could make the items you're actually wearing safe from looting and inventoried droppables lootable.

Could make it non-armor, non-weapon pieces in general. Could make it earrings, rings, necklaces only.. on and on. We are not limited to the classic implementations of the original servers.
I like where you are going with this but if we are talking about looting food from someones dead body. We could just skip the whole thing if its down to that.
Questions is if we do have item loot. What would be an acceptable level.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Banned

did they say they were going to make another server?
Old 09-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb tripper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did they say they were going to make another server?
Yes
Old 09-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Project Manager

There's a lot of options.

I didn't say just food. It's possible to make it consumables (including food and drink), potions, gems, items with a vendor price < X, on and on.

The only argument I ever see is.. . "People won't play because of this or that". Like for me personally, I would want more incentive for pvping. RZ on live, and the original vztz emu were my item loot experiences. Had a lot of fun on both. Gives people a reason to do quests for no-drop gear.

While developing p99, people told me to do the exact opposite of most everything I did so I have a hard time believing them considering the server is successful in terms of population.

As I said, there were more servers than the coin-only ones. Consider that a lot of players came from an FFA environment and are making concessions for teams; try to be more open minded to their original server rulesets as well.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

• Food
  • Drink
  • Bandaids
  • % Chance Thin Bone Wand
  • % Chance Corpse Summon Potion
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death