Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Orc

Keep primary/secondary/ranged unlootable, allow every other slot to be looted.

If a melee gets his primary looted and doesn't have another in the bank, he's quite fucked.

However, if item loot comes down to "bone chips, food and water", then what is the point of even having item loot anyways?

The biggest problem I see with this is the prevalence of naked casters with nothing to lose/everything to gain.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatelol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However, if item loot comes down to "bone chips, food and water", then what is the point of even having item loot anyways?
People can't get past the food and drink example.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Roleplaying Iron Chefs approve
Old 09-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

I would suggest:

Coin loot

PvP death effects (similar to rez)

Very slight xp loss (barely noticeable upon one death, but would add up)

Maybe Item loot - the tradable non-magic in any slot (including bags) might be interesting. Maybe allow players to loot stacks of items or maybe non-lore items. Dunno, haven't given it a lot of thought, but there are a lot of possible options.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Item loot is horrible and has never worked on any PvP server. It always leads to the server being nothing but naked casters. Considering how bad melees are at start it's a horrible idea.

Exp loss makes no sense (where is the exp gain for pvp?) and again, dying in pvp is already detrimental enough in that you go back to your bind naked and without mana and have to get your corpse from someone who is likely to kill you again.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Food/water still better than nothing. But as I posted before, I encourage the lootability of all stackables and expendable clickies
Old 09-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thakisis_VZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On Vallon zek , you were able to loot money.

and hi btw affect.
master of the pvp?
Old 09-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

Just make it coin drop and ears (an idea implemented on LoZ.)

You have looted Darksinga's ear!

Just a bragging right for players tbh. We don't need more than that. I do like the randomized loot/possibly non gear loot--just gems/whatever but I think we're making things a little too complicated. Simplicity is best.

Also, not on topic at all, but another thing I loved about LoZ was that you could discover items for the first time.

You have discovered a manastone!

Just kind of a cool aspect that promotes blue behavior to be the first person to discover an item. Look at eqpvp.com and look under player's profiles and you'll see item discoveries etc.

As said before, just more bragging rights, which in our EQ society we all participate in a pissing contest.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Banned

Shadowrest =)
Old 09-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Sarnak

Exp loss on a pvp death is not good. SZ ruleset did have exp loss, but SZ also had a server wide exp BONUS, which everyone seems to forget. PVP servers obviously attract pvpers, not bluebies who want to sit around and grind back exp.

However, exp GAIN would be a great idea for pvp kills. The amount of exp gained should be equal to the amount gained by a mob of the same level as your opponent.

In my opinion, Item Loot is very healthy for any pvp server, for various reasons.
It depends on which angle you look at it, but in many ways, item loot actually encourages pvp, and also other aspects of the game like questing; not the opposite like most people believe.

I keep seeing people say "item loot is horrible, because this is an item driven game", and that it "discourages pvp".

Think about it this way, if item loot was NOT implemented, and there was never any fear of losing your gear, how would this affect our pvp environment?

Since this is indeed an "item driven game", it is only natural to feel the need to farm the best items in order to "win". Since there would be no fear of losing your precious gear, people would now be more inclined to spend the extra time farming the best gear possible, which means more PVE....and ultimately LESS PVP.

People would be less inclined to spend hours and hours farming a piece of gear, if it could then be stolen from them with 1 death in an item loot system. Item loot would then encourage more questing, to obtain more no drop gear, which gets people moving from zone to zone, which gets people running into each other. So item loot eventually leads to MORE PVP and less PVE. Discuss.
Last edited by Old_PVP; 09-02-2013 at 09:15 PM..
Closed Thread