Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Default Chanter gearing question

I was lookign over the BiS gearing section of the chanter on wiki, and im curious; other than say insig protector/void, heiro cloak, boneclasp girdle/searhorse belt, and perhaps the sup neckalce, tranix crown, ect. - what are the final/best trade-able items suitable to get for a chanter? Ide like to hear some suggestions but I think thats about it, what am i overlooking?

Got some pp saved up and insig coming, and wondering were to put the money soon. would love to hear some tips even for inv items/clickies.

For no drops - still after hate helm/bp, velious armor stuff, and robe of benevolence. Are those the best targets right out of the gates after gearing with the tradeable stuff above? My guild is still relatively new raid wise with planar and entry lvl velious stuff, but were having a blast and feels good to tackle content that hard for us, so dont have access to any mobs too too crazy yet. I feel like theres this hidden hodgepodge quest item i should be pursuing, but have yet to hear about, heh. at least im hoping anyway

anyway thanks for reading any tidbits and little reads would be nice

Cheers,
KM
Old 01-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

get an orb of the infinite void instead of IP. my IP is bagged for resists now.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get an orb of the infinite void instead of IP. my IP is bagged for resists now.
HP is a priorety and it sounds like you have enough plat to get cha in other ways. IP is an expensive 5cha.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

I'd suggest making a Magelo and linking that so each slot can be looked at for upgrades.

There are definitely some solid quests in Velious that may be overlooked.

PoMischief Cloak, Belt and Robe for example are a huge investment of either time or money, and they would each be tough to replace. Though I'd probably say a BCG is better than the PoM belt.

PoHate Halo is very tough to replace until you get solid CHA outside of the head slot. At which point Circlet of Falinkan is your go to.

I'd also say Orb of Infinite Void is favorable over Insignia Protector for non-AE areas.

For Neck don't go for Necklace of Superiority, form up a group and do the 6-Talisman Dragons in WW. They are easily grouped with a balanced group.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

I know this is a really crappy thing to say, but I will anyway. You shouldnt waste money gearing your enchanter for Velious raiding, the per plat impact of anything you get is going to be severly negligable. These guys have good suggestions, but I honestly believe you should save the plat for either a Rog/Cleric alt or useful clickies you might not already have, lev cloak, see invis bracer, jboots, soulfires whatever.

Sadly enchanters are buff bots in this expansion, their gear has very little direct outcome on a raid encounter.

I'm sorry that doesnt answer your question but hopefully it gives you some perspective before you blow 30k+ on a 75hp upgrade which lets you survive 1/8 of a round of combat from a Velious mob
Solo Kills
Old 01-20-2016, 10:53 PM
Sarnak

Awesome food for thought, appreciate the responses and insight. Maurilax you answered my question about clickies and priorities, definitely going to look into that. i can see why its wise to spread the resources around to other characters that would ultimately help a guild with raid encounters. Most of my gaming time is spent solo or in small groups however. I started in Oct.

Im all about the incremental upgrades as thats whats fun for me, im interested in taking on more mobs on the solo and duo list challenges. I got one of the +4 dragon amulets duo'ing with a druid charmed animal and charmed gravid drake in WW on a dragon, that was a good time. Ive also got the circlet quest pieces as well, and i figured in the future when CHA from halo or another similar helm isnt needed, that item is definitely cool.

I suppose the IP's cha is appealing to me cause it would open up an earring or wrist slot. But ac and hp seems king on void ultimately, would be cool to have both.

And looking forward to checking out mischief in the future, or tracking down a BSG.

Magelo looks neat, thanks for the recommendation going to put that together and share sometime.

Cheers,
knowmercy

this next bit is an off topic rant read at your own risk, but the title is "gearing chanter" and was intended to be directed toward newer players like myself. In my limited experience chanters are op in velious, just not broken op like it feels in kunark. I think alot of the changes made to the classes capabilities are really appropriate and give other classes opportunity to shine.

for example in kael arena i was the only chanter on in guild unfortunately, but we have an amazing bard pulling and cc'ing. I cant cc gaints, but pet a baby one, and when two protector of zeks and an add get pulled that would wipe our team, dictate can save the day and is really fun and bad ass to watch and use. Its hectic being the only chanter on, or only one with good spells yet because were small, but its a real challenge and super enjoyable to me.

Hell i wouldnt mind being a buff bot from time to time just to catch a break lol from charming, cc'ing, tell hell buffing, slowing/crippling cause shaman is to low to stick, and non stop spell swapping, however I can see how that would get old - I joined a large guild at first, but soon left because the rate at wich, and the content they were doing did not feel appropriate for me, it was just a massive zerg force farming/grinding content. I was one of many enchanter sitting in the back doing fuck all waiting around for loot. Everything that i could do simply wasnt needed. Didnt feel classic or challenging at all. I feel like thats what most players do, join a massive guild - and leads to the chanter velious buff bot mentality. This is a pve game afterall - your grinding and farming so you can...? grind and farm some more. Its about the journey and your goals not just the finish line. I typically dont play mmos to that point were it feels like work anyway. Granted I havnt seen the end game raids, but anyhow i think its misleading to players to boil chanter down to simply a buff bot. But hey thats just my 2 copper, and in today's economy? sheet. lay it on me. put me in my place plz
Old 01-21-2016, 12:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome food for thought, appreciate the responses and insight. Maurilax you answered my question about clickies and priorities, definitely going to look into that. i can see why its wise to spread the resources around to other characters that would ultimately help a guild with raid encounters. Most of my gaming time is spent solo or in small groups however. I started in Oct.

Im all about the incremental upgrades as thats whats fun for me, im interested in taking on more mobs on the solo and duo list challenges. I got one of the +4 dragon amulets duo'ing with a druid charmed animal and charmed gravid drake in WW on a dragon, that was a good time. Ive also got the circlet quest pieces as well, and i figured in the future when CHA from halo or another similar helm isnt needed, that item is definitely cool.

I suppose the IP's cha is appealing to me cause it would open up an earring or wrist slot. But ac and hp seems king on void ultimately, would be cool to have both.

And looking forward to checking out mischief in the future, or tracking down a BSG.

Magelo looks neat, thanks for the recommendation going to put that together and share sometime.

Cheers,
knowmercy

this next bit is an off topic rant read at your own risk, but the title is "gearing chanter" and was intended to be directed toward newer players like myself. In my limited experience chanters are op in velious, just not broken op like it feels in kunark. I think alot of the changes made to the classes capabilities are really appropriate and give other classes opportunity to shine.

for example in kael arena i was the only chanter on in guild unfortunately, but we have an amazing bard pulling and cc'ing. I cant cc gaints, but pet a baby one, and when two protector of zeks and an add get pulled that would wipe our team, dictate can save the day and is really fun and bad ass to watch and use. Its hectic being the only chanter on, or only one with good spells yet because were small, but its a real challenge and super enjoyable to me.

Hell i wouldnt mind being a buff bot from time to time just to catch a break lol from charming, cc'ing, tell hell buffing, slowing/crippling cause shaman is to low to stick, and non stop spell swapping, however I can see how that would get old - I joined a large guild at first, but soon left because the rate at wich, and the content they were doing did not feel appropriate for me, it was just a massive zerg force farming/grinding content. I was one of many enchanter sitting in the back doing fuck all waiting around for loot. Everything that i could do simply wasnt needed. Didnt feel classic or challenging at all. I feel like thats what most players do, join a massive guild - and leads to the chanter velious buff bot mentality. This is a pve game afterall - your grinding and farming so you can...? grind and farm some more. Its about the journey and your goals not just the finish line. I typically dont play mmos to that point were it feels like work anyway. Granted I havnt seen the end game raids, but anyhow i think its misleading to players to boil chanter down to simply a buff bot. But hey thats just my 2 copper, and in today's economy? sheet. lay it on me. put me in my place plz

Try Phinny. Chanters actually do stuff on raids there. On P99, pet pathing is badly broken so no one wants you using charm pets on raids. On live pet pathing works fine and you are encouraged/expected to be charming on raids for dps. Also your debuffing ability is actually useful on phinny. Last night i was the one that slowed/incap'd/weaknessed cazic on incoming and i lived to tell the tale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (we actually got three cazics and 3 dracos last night. yaay split raid instancing)
Old 01-21-2016, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try Phinny. Chanters actually do stuff on raids there. On P99, pet pathing is badly broken so no one wants you using charm pets on raids. On live pet pathing works fine and you are encouraged/expected to be charming on raids for dps. Also your debuffing ability is actually useful on phinny. Last night i was the one that slowed/incap'd/weaknessed cazic on incoming and i lived to tell the tale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (we actually got three cazics and 3 dracos last night. yaay split raid instancing)

I dont think people are against charming on raids here. At the very least pets for kael (vindi) and Trak (dictate) are great sources of CC and dps.

What do you charm in NTOV and VP on phinny?
Solo Kills
Old 01-21-2016, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

chanters use pets on nearly every P99 raid lol wat
Old 01-21-2016, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think people are against charming on raids here. At the very least pets for kael (vindi) and Trak (dictate) are great sources of CC and dps.

What do you charm in NTOV and VP on phinny?
Those xpacs arent out yet but in NTOV the hatchlings should be charmable. We really going to pretend pets dont fall thru the world and train the entire zone back to you? We really gonna pretend pets dont get stuck running over a 5 foot path back and forth over and over and over again?
Closed Thread