Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackd104 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had a couple incidents lately of people rolling up to a camp I am actively camping, like killing mobs, and they just start pulling without saying Hi or asking what's up or if the camp is free or anything. I got into an unpleasant argument where these two players insisted they were there first even though I had already starting pulling and killing. I don't doubt that they may have *believed* they were there first, but doing a polite camp check before pulling stuff is the way to avoid these things.
Lineage members? I've been having serious camp issues with lineage members. Ive asked several if they have even read the camp rules, only one had..... And I'm talking like seven different people over a few days, all lineage members. Has definitely effected my opinion of that guild and its members, as a whole, they seem to feel that every camp is there and camp rules do not apply to them if they dont like the rule....
Old 12-22-2019, 04:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

People who CC are annoying. Ignore them.

I want to camp something, I go check by myself. If it's open I take over. Someone wants to whine about it? I don't mind
Old 12-22-2019, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lineage members? I've been having serious camp issues with lineage members. Ive asked several if they have even read the camp rules, only one had..... And I'm talking like seven different people over a few days, all lineage members. Has definitely effected my opinion of that guild and its members, as a whole, they seem to feel that every camp is there and camp rules do not apply to them if they dont like the rule....
I wouldn't say that's a Lineage-specific issue. Any guild that takes has lax requirements for joining, which Lineage does, will have a wide-variety of players, including those who are new, uninformed, or both.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

I just wish people would read the damn PnP rules. 90% of the time I have a camp dispute the guy has absolutely no idea what he is talking about yet claims he knows the rules and *I* should read them.

i also don't enforce the whle dying/zonng/camping making you lose camp -- as long as you are able to get back in time to clear the PHin a reasonable time frame (2-3 mins), I'm fine with it. I think those rules are stupid, other than maybe the dying one.
Old 12-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys have a sickness
Pixothelioma
Old 12-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's plainly illegal. It's not one spawn point or camp per person. It's one spawn point or camp per group. You can have a group of one or six, doesn't matter.
Actually while I'm no GM, my personal opinion as the compiler of the Camp Rules page is ... that's actually sort of questionable. The Play Nice Policies do say:

Quote:
Note: A "party" in this case is defined as a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal.
Clearly, that supports the idea that a group of 6 = 1 soloer, for all Camp Rules purposes.

But the PnP also says:

Quote:
While by no means an all-inclusive list of the do's and dont's on Project 1999
In other words GM fiat trumps that page [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And when you realize that, you realize there's a massive "gray area" between the Play Nice Policies/Camp Rules and actual GM practice.

Consider the case of Sebilis Crypt. The staff has established that each room counts as a separate camp, so if a soloer is doing Crypt when a group shows up, that soloer has to pick one room to keep, and the group can't touch it.

But now consider the reverse: a group is doing Crypt, and a soloer wants in. By the "group = soloer" logic, the group has to let them, and should only get to keep one room. But in practice, I think there's a strong possibility a GM would let them keep not only all four rooms, but quite possibly also Emp and Blood (ie. the whole "CE" or Crypt/Emp camp).

If they did, and you forced them to justify the decision, I think they'd argue that in some sense, for the purpose of holding NPCs down, the group can "weigh differently" than an individual. But until they answer the question in a forum post, we'll never know.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-22-2019 at 07:17 PM..
Old 12-22-2019, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Wouldnt they both have to pick a single room the other can't touch and the rest would all be fte Until another group came in to claim another room?
Old 12-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillabunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldnt they both have to pick a single room the other can't touch and the rest would all be fte Until another group came in to claim another room?
By a strict reading of the PnP and Camp Rules, yes. But you have to understand the staff didn't make the Camp Rules page: a random player did. I dug through old forum searches and compiled it from various assorted GM posts ... posts they'd never intended to be used in a rules document.

Now of course, if they hated it they'd make me take it down: I suspect they just feel ambivalent about it. And the reason for that is not that they hate the players knowing the rules, it's that they want people to know the actual rules.

As I said, there's a third piece to those rules, GM Fiat, and it could be argued that it's the most important. So the staff doesn't want the Camp Rules page to make anyone to forget that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there's a massive "gray area" between the Play Nice Policies/Camp Rules and actual GM practice.
That's why I brought up the Seb Crypt. It's been "adjudicated" thoroughly here in the forums, more than just about any spot (thanks to one especially dedicated soloer of it who got in repeated public camp disputes) ... and yet as I said, despite what the "written rules" say, I think if a GM got a petition from a soloer trying to break up an established full group there ... I'm honestly not sure it would play out strictly "by the book". I think the GM Fiat gray area contains rules that treat groups differently some of the time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who CC are annoying. Ignore them.

I want to camp something, I go check by myself. If it's open I take over. Someone wants to whine about it? I don't mind
I try to not ignore camp checks because I try to be a curteous, empathetic player in a game where resources are scarce and need to be shared. I feel like it's very easy to act autistic and like a selfish jerk I'm this game unneccessarily so I strive to not do that whenever possible.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I try to not ignore camp checks because I try to be a curteous, empathetic player in a game where resources are scarce and need to be shared. I feel like it's very easy to act autistic and like a selfish jerk I'm this game unneccessarily so I strive to not do that whenever possible.
People who CC break my balls and I'm not the only one. Are they being empathetic about it? Hell no. Half of them still come to your camp to check it anyway after you answer so why bother? Every time I log in I keep getting random request from ppl who don't give a shit about me. What are you camping? Can you rez me? Can I you do me a favour? Mind if I ask you something? (This one is golden, you already did dude, that's one useless question on top of the other one)

I'm not an autistic guy and I'm more empathetic than you think. And I sure as shit give and deliver more than I receive. I try to avoid bothering people with my personal needs, specifically because I'm empathetic. CC are useless, and people who use CC are annoying. Only case I use it is when I reach a cleared camp with nobody around.
Closed Thread