Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 05:02 AM
Planar Protector

Question Vendor Lock (one character per merchant)

I remember not being able to use vendors when another character was using them, similar to how TS containers are.

Was this alpha and never made it to classic, or just not mentioned in patch notes? Cannot find any mention in patch notes.

Asking because (1) I remember it classic (but could be misremembering) and (2) recent case of item theft while recharging brought it to mind.

Thankfully, I haven't been ganked by these underhanded con artists, but the threat is real yo.

Anyone remember this or find any post, patch note, etc. in regards to this?
Old 02-04-2020, 05:35 AM
Planar Protector

I don't remember this in live. Seems like a good way to troll popular vendors though. Right click them and go afk.
Old 02-04-2020, 06:02 AM
Sarnak

Don't ever recall this on Live, however I didn't start playing until kurnark.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:51 AM
Former Guide

Perhaps no one could see the items you sold until you exited vendor? Like they wouldn't be committed to the global inventory until exited?

I agree that vendor trolling would have been more of a thing with your system. Could lock down PoH or PoA port stones
Old 02-04-2020, 07:54 AM
Sarnak

Don’t remember this at all. I played in Classic and know I definitely would have found it extremely annoying if I had to keep trying to find a vendor that someone wasn’t using, so I’d have probably remembered this if it ever happened.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps no one could see the items you sold until you exited vendor? Like they wouldn't be committed to the global inventory until exited?

I agree that vendor trolling would have been more of a thing with your system. Could lock down PoH or PoA port stones
I'm not trying to block the tink bag merchant! I'm just roleplaying an indecisive gnome who needs a long time to decide what he wants to buy!
Old 02-04-2020, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

bring us classic Tradeskill containers
Old 02-04-2020, 01:29 PM
Fire Giant

Eh? That seems very much incorrect.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

If there is no time limit, then it could be used to grief, just like hogging the ONLY cultural forge. Just set time limit per character of 2 minutes with 10 second lockout.

Most people can get their business done in 2 minutes and if someone goes AFK while at vendor, the worse case scenario is in <2 minutes you can hop on that vendor.

Most of the time there are other vendors around anyhow.

Since Devs have intentionally left in recharging in, it would be nice for them to take a public stance on it. If it's theft to take someone's item they are recharging (like prayers of life, or whatever) then policing it could be a pain - simple solution is 2 minute vendor lock with 10 seconds lockout per character. No CSR necessary - do your business in 2 minutes or else.

If on the other hand sniping recharged items is copacetic practice... then having a public stance from Dev team would be good to clear these... "rogue roleplayers"...
Last edited by Castle2.0; 02-04-2020 at 01:33 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

What there was was 1 trade box open per actual player, which would feel like vendor lock when you had to open bags up in EC tunnel or GFAY to see what items were for sale (because no linking)

Item recharging is basically an exploit mechanic that ended up being allowed. Buying an item from a vendor merchant is not theft. It's basically like drop transferring.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread