Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Facebook and Twitter are not the government.
You're right, they're more powerful.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

I don't have a Twitter or Facebook account.

Not my problem.

Do not use my negative tax dollars for Twitter shenanigans. It's against my firmly held religions.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:08 PM
Banned

The willful ignorance people display on this topic is astounding. Pretending that we live in the 1930's and people can just start a newspaper.

Web Hosting Services have the power to remove you and your opinions from the internet with zero recourse outside of the free-market.

People did try and start their own Twitter and were ostensibly removed from the internet. So now the choice is to create your own web hosting services that will compete with the big boys. Except these huge tech companies just pay 1500% markup on any and all competitors to squash the free-market.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The willful ignorance people display on this topic is astounding. Pretending that we live in the 1930's and people can just start a newspaper.

Web Hosting Services have the power to remove you and your opinions from the internet with zero recourse outside of the free-market.

People did try and start their own Twitter and were ostensibly removed from the internet. So now the choice is to create your own web hosting services that will compete with the big boys. Except these huge tech companies just pay 1500% markup on any and all competitors to squash the free-market.
Considering my many bans from this very website and how important it is to enable people to say bad things and misuse their speech.

No one. No institution. No religion. Should ever be forced to accept and publish another person's beliefs or speech.

Merit is an important part of getting published and having your opinions, feelings, and beliefs respected. If your speech has no merit, you don't have a right to force anyone, or anything else to repeat it.

You essentially want to enable the government to force Twitter to say things and protect those base screamers that would vandalize Twitter with their calls for violence towards their political opponents.

Thats a big nono in free society and not about free speech.

It costs like $14 a month to host a blog from your home not even on Amazons virtual machines.

No one is stomping on your rights to make mien kampf public.

I could host it from my cellphone in plain txt and even give u a link. Like right now. My speech freedom is fine.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-19-2021 at 03:18 PM..
Old 01-19-2021, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I continue to be amazed at the ability of people to blindly allow people to be silenced and lose their voice under the name of protecting people from "bad/dangerous" ideas. Especially from the generation who grew up in the early internet days when you could find videos and pictures of truly horrific shit and terrible ideas.

It started with Alex Jones and everyone laughed and said yeah well he's crazy so he deserves it. Now look where we are, slippery slope is not a logically fallacy, it's very real and we're living it. The sitting president was silenced and removed from the public square.

When will people realize that Free-Speech is there to protect people from the tyranny of those in power. If we allow the pillar of Free-Speech to fall we are all, including the rest of the globe in for some dark times. Put your feelings aside and embrace the bad ideas.

Do you think the Founding Fathers put the First Amendment first just because or do you think it was because it's the pillar of this whole god-damned thing?

PS: This is not the same as the bakery refusing to bake a cake. There are plenty of bakeries. There are not plenty of Facebooks and Twitters.
I think we should let free speech, and the entirety of the bill of rights fall.

Today's idiot deserves to be ruled, utterly. Sucks that I'm going to have to be there with the rest of you, but the world needs a new dark age at this point; they've forgotten why the rules were put there in the first place.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

you guys act like it's over: https://nypost.com/2021/01/19/joe-ex...ential-pardon/

we can still expose carole baskin, do not lose hope in the real issues here

dat limo tho
Old 01-19-2021, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Its just hilarious watching conservatives show they know NOTHING about the US constitution, and the very power structure THEY have voted in for the last 4 decades. Stay stupid idiots, your such little tools
Old 01-19-2021, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

As nice as it feels to be vengeful, you underestimate the greatness of the privileges we enjoy and the happiness available to us today, even with all of the current pitfalls.

To advocate for throwing the entire thing in the dumpster in exchange for a despot of some kind indicates a level of ignorance or misunderstanding about the current civilization we live in. Our biggest problem is ourselves and always will be. Right now you can enjoy peace and prosperity in any number of ways. If you chose to work hard for 20 years straight, you could retire to the woods somewhere happily for the rest of your life.

If you choose a despot it doesn't matter how hard you work, you get nothing. Its a lot worse.

Choose life and live snake.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:31 PM
Banned

The first ones to be exterminated every time a despot comes into power are the threats to their monopoly on power.

The second ones, are the nonproductive. As long as you're able to disingenuously repeat the mantra you can avoid being caught up in the first purge.

The productive remain fairly safe, because purging them leaves you nothing to rule over.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Free speech is in absolutely no danger of falling. It's never been healthier. Or more abundant. Or cheep to publish. In all of human history. Everywhere. Even places like China have more free speech via google docs WordPress and medium circumventing their firewall than they can handle.

We are in particularly good shape here with Twitter and Twitters ceo having their rights well protected.

Now get writing your novelas, kindles were displaying plain txt last time I checked via USB from my PC just fine.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-19-2021 at 03:35 PM..
Closed Thread