Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 08:53 PM
Aviak

Default Absolute worst race/class/deity combo

Besides halfling anything, as a former Triton raider I know full well that halflings are the worst race in EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was thinking Erudite Pally worshipping Quellious might be the worst combo. But let's see what the community has to say ^^
Old 04-20-2021, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzerei84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
halflings are the worst race in EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you smoking? Halfling (hide/sneak/XP bonus) is one of the three master races of Norrath, along with Iksar (regen/ac bonus) and Ogre (frontal stun immunity).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzerei84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Besides halfling anything, as a former Triton raider I know full well that halflings are the worst race in EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling is one of my top races. They have above average stats for all of the needed stats for their available classes and tons of potential utility with sneak. Never underestimate a cleric or druid or even a warrior with sneak.

My worst would be Dark Elf Warrior worshiping anything besides Rallos Zek. Terrible starting DEX and STA, even worse STR, and then if you pick Inny, your racial armor will be crap.

INT based warriors suck.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say DE rogue is even worse than DE warrior, and there's no reason to choose it since rogues can easily obtain a DE mask.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Dark elf rogues would also be in the running. Perhaps worse than in DE warriors because you don't even get your racial hide advantage since it already comes with the class kit and mask of deceiver being useless. You will also be taking a faction hit for being a rogue, which warriors don't suffer, though that's obviously a minor for rogues.

That said what exactly is meant by "worst". Solo, grouping, raiding, or perhaps some kind of averaging of the three? At 60, from1 to60, twinkled or untwinked?
Old 04-20-2021, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

Worst means worst dude. Straight up worst.

I’m ok with every combo though for me a half elf Druid is probably the worst class race combo in the game.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:17 PM
Banned

A blind eru pal or human war/rog. Yikes.

Blindness was rougher than any stat penalty I imposed on myself even.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:02 AM
Sarnak

anything that can be ranger or paladin
Old 04-21-2021, 12:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are you smoking? Halfling (hide/sneak/XP bonus) is one of the three master races of Norrath, along with Iksar (regen/ac bonus) and Ogre (frontal stun immunity).
It’s an old joke from a top end raid guild on Povar which refused all halfling applicants as a matter of course. They even had a write-up explaining how halfling experience bonuses made players bad lol.

As to what I mean by worst...
some unholy combination of:
1) this sucks to solo
2) the faction work to get anything done with this is mental-health challengingly terrible
3) the combo is so suboptimal that you’re not even wanted in groups or raids if literally anything else is available

On a scale of course.
Last edited by ketzerei84; 04-21-2021 at 12:35 AM.. Reason: Autocorrect pwned the server name.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:50 AM
Planar Protector

Evil half elf warriors (bertie or inny) they are widely hated, bad stats, little utility beyond clickies and potions, don’t have their own cultural to make, the cultural they can use isn’t great.

No combo is really all that bad really though.
Closed Thread