Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 02:51 AM
Skeleton

Default New Player Questions

Hi
I just want to ask some questions regarding an starting character from complete scratch.

I am a 6th level Barabarian Shamman. Right now hunting around Halas, and trying t slowly build some cash, although I have already bought the lvl 9 spells that are important. However here are some questions:

1.- What other zones would be good to go for some leveling at 6th? Queynos vs Freeport [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2.- Any recommended UI to install? Right now playing with the default.
3.- Any hints and recommendations would be great !!!!!

Actual resources used:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Wisewol...rchasing_Guide
https://wiki.project1999.com/Shaman
https://wiki.project1999.com/Shaman

Kirgi
Old 04-23-2021, 04:12 AM
Sarnak

1- Blackburrow is pretty solid at your level range. There's a 3-spawn by the Everfrost zoneline that's fairly safe to solo, and the Gnoll Teeth quest in Qeynos is great exp. I recommend hoarding teeth until you're at or near level 9 and then turning them all in at once. You may skip up to an entire level this way.
2- On Green, custom UI's are disabled.
3- Blackburrow for exp, Erud's Crossing for wisps/Greater Lightstone turnin quest, then WK/NK bandits should get you to the late teens and with lots of cash in hand for gear. I'd recommend this path.

Cheers!
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:22 AM
Skeleton

thanks a lot !!!!. As for a tradeskill, what would you recommend?

Thanks,
Kirgi
Old 04-23-2021, 07:00 AM
Orc

Default Tradeskill

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjaenal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks,
Kirgi
Hi Kigi. Trade skills are going to take lots of time and resources before you are making any kind of profit. Shaman have access to alchemy and no other class can train that skill, so I'd go with that one. Have fun and enjoy Norath.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algustus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi Kigi. Trade skills are going to take lots of time and resources before you are making any kind of profit. Shaman have access to alchemy and no other class can train that skill, so I'd go with that one. Have fun and enjoy Norath.
Just to reinforce the first part of that response... You will easily spend several 10s of thousands of plat leveling up Alchemy to the highest levels. If that seems out of reach, it's supposed to be for your level. Just know that as you level up, your ability to make plat goes up as well.
Old 04-23-2021, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah tradeskills are expensive, and alchemy is one of the more expensive ones. Luckily Spirit of Wolf Potions are the easiest to make, so even if you do not level up the skill very far, you have a cheap and easy way to make Spirit of Wolf potions for you alts later on. Will cost you 60ish plat instead of buying in ec for 100.

As long as you do not level a tradeskill past 200, you can experiment with all of them on the same character. You can only have one tradeskill past level 200 per character. Luckily Alchemy doesnt go past 200 on this timeline, so Shamans can have two max level tradeskills, Alchemy and another one.
Old 04-23-2021, 02:54 PM
Skeleton

Thank you very much for all the help, !!!!!
Old 04-23-2021, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjaenal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you very much for all the help, !!!!!
Keep that wiki open!

https://wiki.project1999.com/
Old 04-23-2021, 03:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:

Thanks,
Kirgi
For sure cooking and fishing. Train baking to 21, make wooly spider crunches (1 spider legs, not spiderling and one frosting) then make steaks to 41 and sell for 2-5pp each then make beer braised stuff to 68 and sell for 5-10pp each.

It’s a lot of work, check vendors for wolf/bear/cat ect meat and spider legs: it’s worth it.

Also keep an eye out for 50+ spells on random vendors: I bought a 56 Druid spell breath of karana a few days ago for 26p and sold it for 300 just by /who all Druid 54-56 and being polite “/t hello, are you busy?I just started playing again and I found a <name of spell you found> for you on a vendor and am trying to make a lil plat, I’m asking <refrence p99 green wiki for going prices and go low> But will gladly accept <high price>”
Old 04-23-2021, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrkTheSlayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For sure cooking and fishing. Train baking to 21, make wooly spider crunches (1 spider legs, not spiderling and one frosting) then make steaks to 41 and sell for 2-5pp each then make beer braised stuff to 68 and sell for 5-10pp each.

It’s a lot of work, check vendors for wolf/bear/cat ect meat and spider legs: it’s worth it.

Also keep an eye out for 50+ spells on random vendors: I bought a 56 Druid spell breath of karana a few days ago for 26p and sold it for 300 just by /who all Druid 54-56 and being polite “/t hello, are you busy?I just started playing again and I found a <name of spell you found> for you on a vendor and am trying to make a lil plat, I’m asking <refrence p99 green wiki for going prices and go low> But will gladly accept <high price>”
Some clever ideas in this thread!

However, I'm going to offer a contrarian answer: you don't need plat. If you just loot what you kill and sell that loot, you will have enough for all of your important spells. Also, especially in places like Blackburrow, looting what you kill will give you a free suit of leather armor.

Between that leather armor and any other wearable loot you find, you will do just fine, all the way from 1-45+ (when you'll maybe want to start thinking about picking up some of the cheaper Jaundiced Bone pieces, or possibly even saving up for an epic tear or JBB).

For Shaman (and really for all non-melee classes) the difference between having 100 more AC/HP/mana/whatever ... and not, is almost imperceptible. But if you take all the time you would have spent acquiring better gear, and instead spend it leveling, you will get many levels ... and I promise you will notice those.

TLDR; Get plat and gear if it's fun for you: this is a game after all. But if you want to do things fast/most efficiently, don't even think about making money, and instead just focus on leveling ... and then when you're higher level, you'll be able to earn plat orders of magnitude faster (resulting in gear that actually matters).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-23-2021 at 04:29 PM..
Closed Thread