Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: How long is too long before you take the camp?
2 Minutes 11 26.83%
4 Minutes 4 9.76%
5 Minutes 15 36.59%
10 Minutes 11 26.83%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 05:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Poll: How long would you wait before taking a camp from an AFK player?

The rules allow for a reason amount of time for the player to get active and start killing. How long after the mob has spawned is too long?
Old 04-23-2021, 05:09 PM
Banned

immediately
(LOL)
Old 04-23-2021, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

It really depends on the camp. If I login to A4 (a camp in PoM with some of the longest fights in the game ... at least for a Shaman), and see a mob up I'll still camp check, and wait a minute ... or maybe I'll just start fighting the mob ... but since it takes me several minutes to kill, that's plenty of time for someone to come tell me they had the camp (in which case I'll give it back to them).

But if I see Hadden up, even if someone is standing right there, I'd only give them like 30 seconds from when I say "hey you there?" to when I engage.

Ultimately I think this is an area of the rules that's ripe for improvement: if the staff would just set some basic guidelines, I truly think it would reduce the amount of petitions noticeably.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-23-2021, 06:12 PM
Fire Giant

30 seconds after mob is up and its not engaged.
Old 04-24-2021, 07:41 AM
Banned

It's situational. On Green everything is very hostile and cutthroat.

On Blue.. I've given people their camps back once I see them moving 10-15 minutes after I took over the camp.. even without them asking. On Blue there's no need to be a dick 24/7 because the reality is, most camps are open most of the time, so if someone really wants something it's better to just let them have it and do something else.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:12 AM
Planar Protector

If you're afk you're not in norrath
Old 04-24-2021, 08:26 AM
Banned

I mean, if I type camp check and Hadden spawns and u type nothing... your afk. Not camping the mob.

If you're camping Hadden you'll be logged in and ready to go at least 2 minutes prior if not 5, and able to declare your camp.

1 second is too long and expecting people to save your spot and wait around for you is toxic and abusive behavior.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, if I type camp check and Hadden spawns and u type nothing... your afk. Not camping the mob.

If you're camping Hadden you'll be logged in and ready to go at least 2 minutes prior if not 5, and able to declare your camp.

1 second is too long and expecting people to save your spot and wait around for you is toxic and abusive behavior.
Hadden is legally allowed to be AFK camped the last time I checked. I didn't believe it until I did research on it.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:37 AM
Banned

The Kerran fishing spear is better anyway.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:46 AM
Banned

how your rogue coming along fam
Closed Thread