Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 01:45 AM
Large Bat

Default New Guy Here!

Hey everyone, can't say how excited I am to get into EQ Classic! I first played EQ back in middle school in 2001, when Scars of Velious and Kunark were the only expansions. Although I was pretty terrible, I don't think I ever advanced a character past 25 lol, EQ left a big impression on me and I loved the exploration aspect of it. I stopped when I was entering my freshman year of High School, my old man didn't feel EQ was a necessity, since I played 3 sports he quit paying and I went on about a 5 year hiatus. I picked back up in 2006 and luckily for me I purchased the Titanium edition. After a year run in 06, I left and seemingly for good. I looked into playing Live, but I felt like the Ever Quest I loved being terrible at was gone, I saw a little something called Project 1999. As a nostalgic person by nature, I couldn't resist looking into and I can't wait to get playing.

Before I get back into it, I have been having some issues installing my old titanium edition to my PC. Not sure if this is proper area to ask for tech assistance, but after I had a successful installation earlier today, I uninstalled as I think I goofed some of the steps (I am a poor multitasker). As I progress through the installation for some strange reason the install STOPS late in the stage of the 5th disk. Very frustrating, I tried googling some remedies but they involved the DAEMON tools. I have some experiences doing some modding for Fallout 3 and editing files, but overall I am not too familiar with trouble shooting and what not. If someone can lend me a hand or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!
Old 02-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

It's been a few days since you posted so I hope you were able to work out the troubles you ran into and hopefully I don't run into many once I try and get this going when I get home.

I have a very similar starting point as you. I began when it was just the Ruins of Kunark I believe I was 9 around the time and similarly never got very good but have a lot of good memories. I would be interested in starting with someone fresh as well and exploring. Let me know.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Large Bat

Hey Shalmack thanks for the reply, I was fortunately able to to get her up and running and have been enjoying some P1999 in the days since [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread