Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Ranger Animal Kite 25 to 30?

Will finish up with bull elephants in SK soon. At 25, where is the best place to fear kite animals from 25 to 30? How soon is too soon for snow cougars (I.e., is before 30 doable)? Alligator pit in CZ doesn’t look doable without superior camo to get down there unless I am misreading the wiki.

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Mammoths in Everfrost are around this level, might still need a few levels. It has been a long time since I killed these.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Cougar cougar cougar party.

Head to Iceclad and thank me later!
Old 11-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cougar cougar cougar party.

Head to Iceclad and thank me later!
Cougars are 30+, totally impossible before that. But yeah you are right, fantastic fear kite/quad kite location!
Old 11-08-2018, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will finish up with bull elephants in SK soon. At 25, where is the best place to fear kite animals from 25 to 30? How soon is too soon for snow cougars (I.e., is before 30 doable)? Alligator pit in CZ doesn’t look doable without superior camo to get down there unless I am misreading the wiki.

Thanks!
I did alligator pit (and then alligator tunnel) in CZ. You don't need Superior Camouflage, just regular. You do however have to be very careful to make sure you harmony everything, and to keep SoW and root up in case you aggro multiple.

After that I did Iceclad, as others recommended. Don't do the cougar-only island up near where the boat docks though (it's a death trap). Do the Tower of Frozen Shadow island instead.

For more ideas, and further details about those spots, check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cougars are 30+
I started there at 29 and managed it. 30 definitely helps a ton though.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Any suggestions for a safe spot other than the alligator pit? Going to give that a shot, but if I get over my skies a back up would be great.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandenburg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any suggestions for a safe spot other than the alligator pit? Going to give that a shot, but if I get over my skies a back up would be great.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Leve...ng_Spots_25-29

The strongest options I see for Rangers (ie. the animal ones) are the Mammoths in Everfrost and the Sabretooth Grimalkins in Lake of Ill Omen. But there are plenty of other non-animal options there also (eg. a Ranger should totally be able to solo the giant skeletons in Rathe ... they'll just likely have more downtime since they can't fear).

Also, to avoid "getting in over your skies", get SoW or SoW potions ahead of time, and clear the lizards above the well instead of invising past them. That way if you agro too many you can speed-swim up the well, then make a run for the zone, and you won't have any mobs except the green entrance ones in the way.

Once you get a better feel for the place you can stop killing the lizard men (and even if you have to run you should be able to get past them with SoW, unless you wait until the last minute).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-08-2018 at 03:05 PM..
Old 11-08-2018, 04:02 PM
Orc

I believe I did LOIO from 25-30 on my ranger near the FM zoneline/Sarnak Tower.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cougars are 30+, totally impossible before that. But yeah you are right, fantastic fear kite/quad kite location!
Not true, I did them sub 30. Track by consider and use that to pick the lowest cons. It's not too hard to fear kite low reds, yellows are even less difficult.
Closed Thread