Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2021, 11:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Leveling off mobs with turn ins?

Howdy all! Noob here looking for some help. Recall seeing a post on here listing all the mobs that you could kill that dropped turn-ins to help level. Currently farming bandit sashes in the Karanas with a friend, but our xp gains have really slowed down and turn-in xp is pretty low too.

Anyone know the post I'm talking about? Have been searching for the past 30 mins or so but must not be able to enter the correct words... (could also have been a reddit post but wasn't able to find it on there. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]) Heard from some people HH was the next place to go for mobs with turn-in loot. Any other advice? We are both a good race, but not sure if that affects things. Cheers! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-16-2021, 01:40 AM
Planar Protector

Are you looking for a high exp quest turn in at the higher levels? You could farm light stones and greater lightstones off willowisps and that can be okay exp until like 18 or 19 but honestly the drop rate is rare enough that it’s not really that efficient.

The goblin ears in HK aren’t great exp but they can be a slightly helpful supplement if you happen to be in the goblin group there. Eventually SK/splitpaw gnoll scrolls can be a good source of exp but the turn in is all the way in Qeynos so the travel time back and forth can be a drain on efficiency if that’s what you’re looking for.

Basically there’s going to be almost no quests in later levels that provide exp such that you can use them to level effectively.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:29 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks! We are 15 now so we can jump to the wisps and lightstones next. Just something to help us level a little faster. After that can head to HH for the goblin ears. Cheers!
Old 05-17-2021, 12:37 PM
Orc

If you are doing the Greater Lightstone, and Lightstone turn ins, the best spot to farm them other then buying is Eruds Crossing, take the boat from Qeynos, and get off the first stop.

When you turn in the Greater Lightstones, make sure you have an empty inventory slot, as turning in rewards exp, faction, and a research tome, that takes up a inventory slot just like a bag.

you can sell the research tome back to the turn in quest giver for 10 plat each, as well.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Popular...erience_Quests

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of the experience gain off these quests was nerfed, sometimes dramatically, around the time Green launched. Old wiki and forum posts about them may no longer be accurate.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of the experience gain off these quests was nerfed, sometimes dramatically, around the time Green launched. Old wiki and forum posts about them may no longer be accurate.
This is worth seconding. The backstory is that someone (in this thread, IIRC) tried to play the staff's unclassic server-first game by saving up a bunch of quest items, so that they could hit 60 the fastest when Kunark dropped.

The staff got wind of this, and was offended that someone would use such cleverness to play the game (that they made up), so in response they unclassically disabled quest XP (in the actual game) across all servers for over a month ... and then when the quest came back, some had been significantly reduced.

However, you have to remember the staff had over ten years to "beta-test" those quests, so even after their month-long review it turned out ... the quests were mostly pretty accurate. So, only a few quests changed ... but aside from the most well known (gnoll fangs and tesch val scrolls), it's not clear which were nerfed.

Ergo, you want to take any reports on the wiki of "X number of Y item turn-ins gave me Z bubbles of experience" with a grain of salt.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2021, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is worth seconding. The backstory is that someone (in this thread, IIRC) tried to play the staff's unclassic server-first game by saving up a bunch of quest items, so that they could hit 60 the fastest when Kunark dropped.

The staff got wind of this, and was offended that someone would use such cleverness to play the game (that they made up), so in response they unclassically disabled quest XP (in the actual game) across all servers for over a month ... and then when the quest came back, some had been significantly reduced.

However, you have to remember the staff had over ten years to "beta-test" those quests, so even after their month-long review it turned out ... the quests were mostly pretty accurate. So, only a few quests changed ... but aside from the most well known (gnoll fangs and tesch val scrolls), it's not clear which were nerfed.

Ergo, you want to take any reports on the wiki of "X number of Y item turn-ins gave me Z bubbles of experience" with a grain of salt.
Someone in this thread? I wasn’t aware that Castle 2.0 was in this thread
Old 05-20-2021, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone in this thread? I wasn’t aware that Castle 2.0 was in this thread
I may have misremembered: I thought you were one of the item savers, but maybe I'm just blending names with "C" and "2" in them together in my head? If so, my mistake.

Old 05-20-2021, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Castle wasn't the only one... just the most... motivated?
Closed Thread