Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2021, 08:05 AM
Banned

Default Most of you are too young to remember this, but in classic EverQuest

You couldn’t see what other players in your group looted. The first time I had a “serious” group this person kept saying “MT” after each mob he looted and I asked what that meant and learned it meant “empty” (em tee).

Someone on our server went on a PoH raid and then the next day he was suddenly wearing a bunch of planar gear that he didn’t have the day before and that he hadn’t been awarded during said raid, and it caused a major backlash from the community. It was also learned that he had ninja looted items he couldn’t even equip.

You also used to be able to loot other players’ corpses when they consented you, and bind other players wherever you wanted.

The game stayed this way until Dire Charm came out in PoP.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

... EQ came in hot off the heels of Ultima Online.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:09 AM
Banned

Everquest had been in development for years when Ultima Online released. I feel like a lot of people didn’t know that.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

haha.. similar influences and it was talked about by the developers in their time. PVP being an afterthought in EQ is a result of that.

In development for years doesn't mean what it means today, a decade. We are talking about couple years back in the 90s.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You couldn’t see what other players in your group looted. The first time I had a “serious” group this person kept saying “MT” after each mob he looted and I asked what that meant and learned it meant “empty” (em tee).

Someone on our server went on a PoH raid and then the next day he was suddenly wearing a bunch of planar gear that he didn’t have the day before and that he hadn’t been awarded during said raid, and it caused a major backlash from the community. It was also learned that he had ninja looted items he couldn’t even equip.

You also used to be able to loot other players’ corpses when they consented you, and bind other players wherever you wanted.

plz bring this back

i am not to young to forget!

I remember

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2021, 11:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

well problem now is p99 using the titanium client which uses 10 expansions and modern ui and other stuff like the Mouse wheel zoom in or out not classic but part of the client the disc window not classic wasnt introduced until 2004 with GoD expansion and its proven too on these forums p99 needs to use another client that is more classic.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 05-20-2021, 12:14 PM
Kobold

I remember a wood elf rogue looted a load of bronze off my lvl 9 paladin's corpse, it was a sad day.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

You could also give NO DROP items to noob mobs and have someone else kill them for the loot.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:46 PM
Banned

seems like classic eq was pretty wild
Old 05-20-2021, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well problem now is p99 using the titanium client which uses 10 expansions and modern ui and other stuff like the Mouse wheel zoom in or out not classic but part of the client the disc window not classic wasnt introduced until 2004 with GoD expansion and its proven too on these forums p99 needs to use another client that is more classic.
yeah Ill be honest, when I first logged into P99 green I was confused by the UI... the way it was marketed to me by my friends it was going to be the crazy old UI that took up half the screen. I remember not being able to use mouse-look to see my surroundings in the game, which meant finding a really safe place to meditate was more critical. On p99 you are super zoomed out and can see roaming mobs coming your way for miles...
Closed Thread