Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Wat do ye think, elf?
It's dead 50 17.73%
Yeah, it's slowly dying, green velious launch as proof 88 31.21%
It's summer, nerds are finally outside enjoying the tempered 132 F of the death valley 71 25.18%
Shut your filthy mouth, I'm in lower guk right now and having the time of my life farming FBSSs 73 25.89%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2021, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This makes me think of when I first tried p99 in 2010. spell sets and over powered out of era mechanics. Alchemy exploit to dupe plat, lol. It has come a long way since then.
Dont forget the first few months of launch when nilbog thought he would host homegrown p99. based on our beta server i can see why, but man server launch was crazy compared to the like 20 max people on beta just before launch haha.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is on this server is worth more than the hours of coding, more than the hours of refinement and past players passing through and helping make things classic even I didn't ever see or remember. There is something sacred to classic Norrath. Days of meaningful progresses and deaths, actual risk and reward in adventuring, pixels that did more than just "+gooderer to primary stat", and delayed yet immense gratification.

There are people who hate this. They want anything like this gone, they will see your efforts undone and your cities burn. Because it was too hard for them to try, and they did not get their way.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Many of the behaviors exhibited here: corruption, cuckery, bribery, lies and all other facets of human nature are on display for you here but also in the world outside the game. They are real and these kinds of people are here. Do not let them win. Do not give in because it will be "easier". Stand your ground.

Well said!
Old 07-14-2021, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Chaos?

[U]RL="https://youtu.be/C5Jkgvw-Z6E"]https://youtu.be/C5Jkgvw-Z6E[/URL]
Old 07-14-2021, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Irony.
Old 07-14-2021, 01:51 PM
Banned

The sign of a failed people are the "requirement" for so many laws.

Good and sportsmanlike individuals would not require so many, or staff involvement (or secret involvement from Mr. "Hands Off").

What they don't realize is the whole stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime approach with who is removed or penalized and who is rewarded.

Some of things becoming more transparent would make the real problems very obvious.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason seat belts are a law is because there are people who are too stupid to wear them and die in car crashes flying through the windshield.

There are so many rules to protect stupid people that the survival rate for these people has sky rocketed. They would have been Darwin'ed years ago but are kept safe and mess everything up for the rest of us.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

Good and sportsmanlike individuals would not require so many, or staff involvement (or secret involvement from Mr. "Hands Off").

What they don't realize is the whole stepping over a dollar to pick up a dime approach with who is removed or penalized and who is rewarded.

Some of things becoming more transparent would make the real problems very obvious.
The line of Cain started with Cuneiform laws and have been added to the list for 4000 years, anyone who wears a black robe is a part of the cabal.
Old 07-14-2021, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You didn't get a 2 week suspension for this like I did.

They don't love you the same.
This is just a RnF thread inquiring about the state of the elf realm

You started a racist guild on the elf realm and the elf gods punished you for it.
Old 07-14-2021, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Population is pretty good overall, but being split between two servers means each individual world feels a little bit "thin." It'll be interesting to see what happens if they eventually merge the servers back together, how many Green players stick with their characters versus retiring them in favor of the next progression round. The lower population has been most noticeable in the dearth of new guild creation, especially a distinct lack of new leveling guilds/newbie guilds on Blue of late.

With respect to an above poster, sure we launched with low populations, not much over 100 at first (I ought to know, I was there), but it grew soon enough (and kept on growing) and the old world with ~300 people is a lot different than a Velious world with 300 people. More generally, I'm amazed P99 maintained a stable and large population for as long as it has. It could close up tomorrow and I'd call it a great run. It won't--P99 should be around for a good while yet, even if in a state of gradual decline--so it has to be regarded as a tremendous success. I've played P99 FAR longer than I played original EQ at this point, and like it better.

Danth
Old 07-14-2021, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who knew people who have played the same computer game for over 20 years would eventually get burned out. I cannot fathom how this is possible.
Peoples wives and husbands are probably getting sick of them socking 20 year old mobs for up to 16 hours on several days.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Closed Thread