Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter dungeon crawl help

So I am now a 51 enchanter and while my grouping and charm solo skills are pretty good, I'm not too good at dungeon crawls. I recently tried twice to crawl to Xalgoz in Kaesora and failed (got lost, ended up at library and a nibble agroed thru ivu and trained skellies).

Any tips for dungeon crawls? Seems like roams make the problems, see invis mobs, etc. If i stop to lull I drop invis and roams agro. Should I fight them or root and blur? Etc.

Also, is there a list of dungeons I can crawl for practice maybe in order of difficulty? I need to be able to get this down if I'm ever going to find and hold decent camps.

Thanks,
Toxoplasma

Also I tried animation pet in Kaesora which was pretty good, but i fell down a pit and died to a massive train.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

I mained an enchanter in a progression guild on Live. When attempting this solo James Bond enchanter stuff, we're just not going to do it without dying a few tunes while we figure out the dungeon.

Have you ever done the epic? There is a part where you have to sneak down through Lower Guk all the way to the ghoul scribe, charm it, and hand it an item. It took me several attempts. I would get closer each time. I gradually learned the locations of roaming mobs. At one key point, I found out there were mobs behind a secret wall and died again. Hah! On my next try, I had to use Bind Sight and tricky camera angles to lull them and continue.

As for the decision to fight vs. root/memblur, I think it's about which takes less time and mana, enabling you to go invis or IVU again.

Do you use first-person view, through the eyes of your character? Or do you zoom out from first person view so the camera follows behind you? I recommend the latter view for looking around corners and over obstacles.

Do you use Bind Sight to scout from a safe location? You can cast it on a mob, target the next mob beyond it, cast it on that, and so on, and sometimes you can see all the way to the final corner of the dungeon.

Remember that since we can lull without line-of-sight, we can sneak in invisibly, target a see-invis mob (or two), move back to a safe spot, lull one, hit "L" to toggle to the last target, lull it too, invis up again, and move past them. More than two see-invis mobs requires more planning, but can be easier once you get the first one or two lulled.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Banned

Did u get ur xalgoz fang? I got one last night and am camped out by the loio mob. Gonna do that one later today.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Banned

Soon gotta invest in a leather foot raider cap for instant port to get out of trouble.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Great suggestions, how do I zoom put on a laptop touch pad? Also I didn't know u could bind sight and lull mobs that way!

Teppler, I didnt, I ported out in the am since it was camped, for a hate raid. When I came back I forgot the way and that library fiasco happened so I gated out to Sol a and logged off pissed. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] so I still need the fang. U solod xalgoz on your shaman?

My biggest issue with Kaesora in particular is finding the right path. The longer I'm lost, the greater the chance that I die, and that's not a dungeon I want to die in.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:23 PM
Banned

My necros camped out at Kaesora ent, we'll get it soon. He's a little much for level 49 Shaman, wouldn't be able to solo him.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My necros camped out at Kaesora ent, we'll get it soon. He's a little much for level 49 Shaman, wouldn't be able to solo him.
I'm not sure I'd be able to either then unless everything went perfectly and I threw the other mobs at him till he died, and mana tapped him. Maybe u can help me get him. I should be on Sunday night, today is hectic as hell for me.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Banned

Not a problem I'm gonna keep him camped there.
Old 02-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

At 51 Xalgoz is incredibly easy for an enchanter. You can use one of his minions charmed or your 49 pet (if you're not adventurous) will be able to do it. Just lull the room and pull him back onto the ramp behind his throne but not all the way downstairs, you won't agro below or above but if you go too far you will. Use your level 4 mezz and chain stun him on casts. Make sure he's rooted and slowed. Also if you do decide to summon a pet don't do it right up against the wall, you'll probably summon it somewhere where it will have to warp and bring back a ton of mobs onto you.

As far as dungeon travelling, there are minimum 5 spells you should have up at ALL times if you're not familiar with it: root, single target mezz, aoe mezz, aoe stun, gate. If you want to properly fill that out, add a second aoe stun, invis of your choice and lull. Change things out as needed or where comfortable (at 51 you have tot which would fill out the 8th).

Toggle between 1st and 3rd person. Would be hard on a track pad though so invest in a $5 mouse. Take advantage of 3rd person to check around corners.

CON EVERYTHING

Keep your buffs up. Make sure you have rune 4 up at the very bottom of your stack.

Take advantage of terrain and obstacles for Los reasons. I can't tell you how many times I've avoided getting agro when exploring because I hid on the right side of a pillar or stalctite while a see-invis mob walked by.

Turn your volume up and listen to footsteps. Keep your eyes peeled and check behind you every once and a while. Especially when you're going through particularly mazey areas.

Lull see-invis in groups if you need to get by.

Lastly, just be patient and make sure you read maps. In the end, avoiding dangers is all about familiarity and if you rush it, you won't be familiar with where things wind up.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Last edited by Yumyums Inmahtumtums; 02-28-2015 at 03:54 PM..
Old 02-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty much what yums said. Also keep mem blur up while traveling through dungeons. If you get aggro just step back, mes, mem blur and keep it moving.

Also keep a clicky handy to reset spell gems and bang spells out as fast as possible. Make sure and keep rune last behind your none reagent rune. I can usually keep rune 4 the whole duration.

Last but not least, use troll illusion. The extra regen helps a ton when both runes drop and your 40% hp deep in a dungeon.

Enchanter is so much fun solo indoors. Did frenzy last night and get a calm resist. 2 bloodthirsty and frenzy come. Aoe mez, root, mez, charm, let both mobs beat on pet while pet is on frenzy. Charm the other bloodthirsty and slow frenzy. Ended fight with my charmed pet at 4%. The whole fight I was at 30% health. No other class this fun indoors
Closed Thread