Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: would you do the rez?
yes 26 22.22%
no 91 77.78%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 11:17 PM
Orc

Angry Seriously?

I have a level 60 cleric, what do you do with a 60 cleric when you're bored? Go to noob zones and help people, give rezzes etc.

I like to go to HHK normally, lots of people there and often do a lot of rezzes and buffs.

Well tonight I decide to go to Unrest and I run up to main room. Figure I'll help by nuking some mobs below 50%. For some reason 1 or 2 didn't give xp they said. So I sit there healing their group. Decide I'll make up for accidentally taking their XP by pulling some mobs from basement which was uncamped. I pull up a couple singles, root them and back off to heal.

Out of nowhere one of them says "will you f***ing leave." another says "Worst cleric ever" 3 of them cussing me out for trying to help. I say (???) and apologize. and promptly go F off to help another group. Put the 3 who said stuff at me on ignore.

Minutes later his group member says he (one of the 3 on ignore) needs a rez. I said no.

Was I wrong in doing so? Don't be rude to the people that are trying to make your experience better. I don't have to go to Unrest and help noobs, I do it because people are generally appreciative.

Sometimes I just don't get it.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:18 PM
Orc

Fireplace, not main room :P
Old 04-28-2018, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

nah they can eat a big fat dick

consequences are a mother fucker

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:59 PM
Sarnak

Unless you're a bard PBAOE kiting for a group, prob not a good idea to root mobs 10+ levels higher on a group and then asking them to tank it.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:22 AM
Fire Giant

Buffs are good but people don't usually like ppl pulling for them. The group probably has their own pace, you wouldn't be able to see their party chat for mana, or AFK checks.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:27 AM
Sarnak

yes
Old 04-29-2018, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

It's highkeep

Also, agree that you suck at cleric. You're leaving something out, probably the root / pulling at your pace instead of theirs as alluded to earlier in the thread. You should Rez and then go to church when you wake up since it's Sunday and you need to ask for both forgiveness and guidance

God bless
Old 04-29-2018, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Oh so I left this out, I would've rezzed but I don't make mistakes so they wouldn't have asked me to leave nor would they have died so it's an absurd hypothetical

hope this helps
Old 04-29-2018, 02:19 AM
Fire Giant

Just give buffs when helping lowbies, let them do the rest.

I would rez them, being nice to ppl who get angry or hate you only makes them angrier and their nerd rage is delicious
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 04-29-2018, 04:30 AM
Planar Protector

Similar story with MM, spent time there pulling for CE on my 60 necro...would apply a dot to make the mob die fast, FD on the way to get another mob, and rinse/repeat.

A few of the group said separately in whispers that it was the fastest XP they'd had at that camp - but after about 20 minutes someone got shitty about it and said they didn't want help anymore. Might have been the group's cleric.

Some people just want to level the classic way I suppose, stick to helping guildies.