Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: would you do the rez?
yes 26 22.22%
no 91 77.78%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

-OP KS mobs from lowbies
-lowbies tell OP to stop and F off (like any normal person would)
-OP gets offended
-lowbies die and ask OP for a rez (which possibly could've been caused by OP considering his understanding of how kill credit works)
-OP tells lowbies to kick rocks

Great thread, its not everyday someone name and shames themselves.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:09 PM
Orc

OK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thanks for the tip
Old 04-29-2018, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

CAN'T WAIT FOR PART 2

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Root tank them and nobody can complain.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

As someone who also has done the bored/help newbs routine at length I would say you went about your "help" wrong. I imagine you didn't discuss this with them beforehand and just started "helping" them, which is rude. Seems they were rude to you as well when explaining they did not want this "help" so No I would not rez them. Plenty of other newbs need rezzin! in the future ask before interfering even if you're "helping". I see you want to be helpful, its just misguided. Goodluck and have fun!
Old 04-29-2018, 11:24 PM
Fire Giant

I've been on the receiving end of people trying to help, and I get it, but honestly if you suck at it it's actually a massive waste of time and it's extremely frustrating. People typically end up trying to be too efficient or help too much and end up constantly kill stealing the mobs making the whole thing a waste of mine and your time.

Despite that, however, I will say that the most-damage-done mechanics are somewhat screwy. I was waiting for someone to log on to duo with so I decided to help a friend out in Kurns for a few. Their group would get mobs to ~45% and then I'd nuke it down. Both times I did this they said they didn't get XP, and I was a bit confused about how that mechanic works if that was the case, since their group did 55% of the damage how was I possibly getting kill credit for it?

I switched to just nuking it down to 15% and feigning and that solved the problem.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

stick to orc 1 those guys never complain about someone pulling for them

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been on the receiving end of people trying to help, and I get it, but honestly if you suck at it it's actually a massive waste of time and it's extremely frustrating. People typically end up trying to be too efficient or help too much and end up constantly kill stealing the mobs making the whole thing a waste of mine and your time.

Despite that, however, I will say that the most-damage-done mechanics are somewhat screwy. I was waiting for someone to log on to duo with so I decided to help a friend out in Kurns for a few. Their group would get mobs to ~45% and then I'd nuke it down. Both times I did this they said they didn't get XP, and I was a bit confused about how that mechanic works if that was the case, since their group did 55% of the damage how was I possibly getting kill credit for it?

I switched to just nuking it down to 15% and feigning and that solved the problem.
Overkill will steal exp. You were probably using a nuke that did more than the 45% that the pet has left. I would suggest next time you figure out whatever spell you can use to do 40-45% damage first and then let the group do the rest.
Old 04-30-2018, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Could be you did 45%, they did 40 and damage shield did 15.

Or you over nuked; they did 55 but you did 65.

Or the mob got mem blurred and forgot about some of the damage so eq thought they did 30 and you did 45.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

I've been in a similar scenario and the group seemed to have a good time. Only difference is I parked the mobs enough distance apart so that the group could focus on one at a time, and then I used proximity so the mobs only swung at me while the group beat them down on their own time.

Sometimes you get people that want to be left alone - keep an eye out for an ALS tag in the group as you'll be forcing them to leave as it's against their charter.

-Mcoy
Closed Thread