Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your argument is completely invalidated by your Paladin wearing a Djarns in your Magelo. Obviously you value HP over everything else, even AC.
I have no idea how to respond to this. What a weird statement. Did I say hitpoints don't matter?

My point that my non-min/maxed toon is fine is not invalidated by a ring with hitpoints on it. My point that other stats are helpful while leveling up and can also save your life is not invalidated by a ring with hitpoints on it. My point that hitpoints are probably the most important thing while tanking (yep I said that in my wall of text) is obviously not invalidated by a ring with hitpoints on it.

My shield only has 50 hps and I have one in the bank with 100 hps. Does this fact re-validate my argument?
Last edited by Vallanor; 08-03-2017 at 01:02 PM..
Old 08-03-2017, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea how to respond to this. What a weird statement. Did I say hitpoints don't matter?
Please don't post walls of text in the middle of a thread if you're not even bothering to read the whole thing. Go back and re-read the post directly above yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point that my non-min/maxed toon is fine is not invalidated by a ring with hitpoints on it. My point that other stats are helpful while leveling up and can also save your life is not invalidated by a ring with hitpoints on it. My point that hitpoints are probably the most important thing while tanking (yep I said that in my wall of text) is obviously not invalidated by a ring with hitpoints on it.

My shield only has 50 hps and I have one in the bank with 100 hps. Does this fact re-validate my argument?
No, it only further devalues your point of view or anything further you might add. Especially because the part I bolded above makes your whole point of view contradictory to itself.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And therefore anyone who could play an ogre but doesn't play an ogre has immediately lost EQ and cannot possibly be successful? I mean -- you've never seen a human, barbarian, hobbit, or dwarf warrior survive tanking rough encounters right?

There are smarter choices and dumber choices with where to put your starting stats, but Cecily is right. 20 starting stats means surprisingly little - especially at the end game.
You also are debating with a guy that thinks iksar are better than ogre. We all know if you can play ogre you pick ogre when min/maxing.

Ogre > all.

He doesn't even follow his own advice by choosing the inferior race (stat-wise).
Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Unfortunately for team idiot, the AC bonus and regen for an Iksar are also measurable stats and happen to be far superior than anything an Ogre has to offer for basically every class.

If Iksar is a choice, it is the best choice. Always.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately for team idiot, the AC bonus and regen for an Iksar are also measurable stats and happen to be far superior than anything an Ogre has to offer for basically every class.

If Iksar is a choice, it is the best choice. Always.
Obviously you are blinded by your infatuation with gimpy looking reptile races.

that regen means nothing when you tanking dragons and the AC "bonus" is non-existent on this server.

There's been zero proof that the pittance of extra AC an iksar is granted at lvl 60 amounts to any significant damage reduction.

What does matter for shaman/warrior/sks is FSI which ogres get and iksar do not.

Coupled with their starting massive STR and STA, ogre are able to gear around not having to worry about STA or STR while an iksar is always going to be as durable as a soiled wet paperbag until they are sitting in BiS raid gears due to their awful low starting STR and STA.

Thomas, you know all of this though. Embrace the Ogre as the true superior race and your soul will be set free.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well then you're just giving straight-up terrible advice here. At 60, 20 STA should be worth 104 HP on an SK. That's more than a Djarns. Everybody who wears a Djarns should just delete them and only play with one ring because Cecily says they're worthless. Unless of course you're wearing a HP ring in the other slot, too, and then you have to delete that one as well and wear no rings. Because 104 HP is worthless.
I stick to my argument. 100 hp doesn't really matter all that much. Delete every DJ Arn's ring on the server and... not much would change.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

I put all my starting stats in STR and I can't think of a single time doing STA instead would've made a noticeable difference in the outcome of anything. You know what would have made a significant difference? Picking a race that had better stats but where I hated how they look. Because I would not have enjoyed the game and probably would have quit my character as a result.

Just my two cents.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also are debating with a guy that thinks iksar are better than ogre. We all know if you can play ogre you pick ogre when min/maxing.

Ogre > all.
I'd take iksar over ogre any day.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

ogre only beat iksar if they tiny. cause then they liek retarded teddies (o^^o) best is when you gotta lizard AND tiny ogre cause then he doubl as a chew toy / companion for lizard ^^
Old 08-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

I would say tiny ogre is the min/max choice for adorable but wood elf brownies and iksar broodlings exist too. All things considered iksar wins.
Closed Thread