Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saw so many open things when I ran around Karanas and Lake Rathe....

Everyone just wants to be able to go into the same hub zone and get a group fast.

I feel for people since travel can be hard and there are no guarantees that a group is there. I know people will say #NotClassic but maybe global chat channels would have been a good compromise on this and reduced the necessity of a second server...
So should people not start on Faydwer? Seeing fucking gnomes and dwarves trying to kill level 3 frogloks outside of Grobb is absurd, not refreshing.

The whole newbie experience feels like a zombie movie, where Faydwer is outbreak and ground zero overrun with the undead (players) and the rest of the world is trying and failing to stave off the tide of the horde.
Last edited by Fammaden; 11-02-2019 at 03:19 PM..
Old 11-02-2019, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Everyone just wants to be able to go into the same hub zone and get a group fast.

I feel for people since travel can be hard and there are no guarantees that a group is there. I know people will say #NotClassic but maybe global chat channels would have been a good compromise on this and reduced the necessity of a second server...
Rogean said they examined this kind of thing and determined there wasn't enough mobs. Is there insight on the mob density as GM's missing something here? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

The behavior players are exhibiting is precisely why the game evolved and why newer MMOs instituted instances. Folks cry that Everquest was this rare, raw MMO that is the best example...but only when it caters to their desires.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The behavior players are exhibiting is precisely why the game evolved and why newer MMOs instituted instances. Folks cry that Everquest was this rare, raw MMO that is the best example...but only when it caters to their desires.
The issue is that it's an old, solved game. If it was new with unknown zem, unknown mechanics, people didn't know about exp penalties and such... it would be a lot different. The concepts themselves are not issues, the issue is everyone knows everything.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 11-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Couldn’t agree more. Everyone just wants to pack into the high ZEM zones and do the same leveling path as everyone does on Blue, and they’re annoyed the can’t because other people are there
Old 11-02-2019, 03:55 PM
Kobold

Teal up but locked. Would have preferred it was called turquoise or aqua-marine but you can't have everything.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

I’d say consider WoW, but now that we essentially in effect have layering and instancing you don’t need to
Old 11-02-2019, 04:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teal up but locked. Would have preferred it was called turquoise or aqua-marine but you can't have everything.
MALACHITE
Old 11-02-2019, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My rogue has been stuck at 6 for 3 days now.

Bring on Teal.
You know rog is not a popular group class tho... now you complain?
Old 11-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh believe me, I've roamed. Bandits = taken. Every orc that pops = dead.
Run over to Steamfont = same deal with every kobold camp.
Butcher block = orc camps all taken. Chessboard has a list.

Please share your wisdom, oh wise one so I can stop being a "lazy fuck".

untrue. I see complete camps open all the time.
Closed Thread