Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 05:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Akagami and OP said they rotate people, Akagami merely denied that it is planned ahead of time.
So wait, if a guildie, who I know needs the item/camp, sends me a tell, “Hey man, you almost finished there? Can I take over?” I should tell him to fuck off and that the camp must be opened to the general public?

Cause this is what is going on. Not some mass effort to deny the camp to the public.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Unless I see a GM flat out say that a person who plans on holding a camp for the next seven hours is not allowed to wait until they're half an hour away from leaving to decide who to hand the camp off to I am going to continue to say that you are interpreting the rules in a way that I have never seen them interpreted here for over seven years.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So wait, if a guildie, who I know needs the item/camp, sends me a tell, “Hey man, you almost finished there? Can I take over?” I should tell him to fuck off and that the camp must be opened to the general public?

Cause this is what is going on. Not some mass effort to deny the camp to the public.
That's not what anyone said. If a specific person wants next then you can only say "no" if you have a specific hand off in mind.

Additionally, if you let someone claim next then you cannot change your mind and give it to a guildie instead at a later point.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless I see a GM flat out say that a person who plans on holding a camp for the next seven hours is not allowed to wait until they're half an hour away from leaving to decide who to hand the camp off to I am going to continue to say that you are interpreting the rules in a way that I have never seen them interpreted here for over seven years.
To quote the staff on previous rulings... One more time:

"The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is"

Tell me how YOU would interpret this.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats funnier is that they are doing "required clickies" to 50 man raid classic content that was casually cleared for months by like 11 people during classic red99
Wait what? The clickies are REQUIRED to raid w/ them?

If that's true I'll tell you why: As I said, it gives them a huge preparation-advantage over any other guild that would seek to compete for raid mobs. The guild w/ 200 rootnets and 50 slowhammers is, obviously, going to have a huge advantage. Not to mention the guild bank funding requirements of constantly recharging that huge number of clickies.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To quote the staff on previous rulings... One more time:

"The camp holder does need to reveal to you who the next intended camp holder is"

Tell me how YOU would interpret this.
That if you are keeping a list you have to be honest about it.

I do not see it as saying that players are required to either maintain a list hours and hours out or lose the ability to pass the camp to whomever they please. You are saying that if I get a camp at 10 am on my day off and I plan to stay there until 7pm, and I know that a bunch of my friends will be logging in between 5pm and 7pm, I am not allowed to wait knowing that I will have a friend online who might want the camp. That I'm not allowed to say to somebody at noon "I'm not keeping a list" without losing the ability to pass the camp off to a friend seven hours later. That is the part that I'm calling bullshit weird interpretation on.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That if you are keeping a list you have to be honest about it.

I do not see it as saying that players are required to either maintain a list hours and hours out or lose the ability to pass the camp to whomever they please. You are saying that if I get a camp at 10 am on my day off and I plan to stay there until 7pm, and I know that a bunch of my friends will be logging in between 5pm and 7pm, I am not allowed to wait knowing that I will have a friend online who might want the camp. That I'm not allowed to say to somebody at noon "I'm not keeping a list" without losing the ability to pass the camp off to a friend seven hours later. That is the part that I'm calling bullshit weird interpretation on.
And your interpretation here:

"If he doesn't, you may ask to be next and your claim will be valid unless he reveals the next person immediately. "

So this is "if you're keeping a list but it's empty you need to give spots to people waiting". Seems kinda weird to interpret it that way.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

If someone asks to be on the list they're on the list... everything else just sounds like games to hand off to a friend.

"Sorry you missed the 19 second window I was opening a list bro"

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 11-29-2019, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

What you guys are saying is that every player, at every camp, is required to maintain and honor a first come, first serve list for the camp. That all throughout the day I have to keep track of the first person to ask about the camp, and every time another person asks about it I have to check and see if the first person is still online, and if they're not then I have to start keeping track of this new person and see if they're online the next time somebody asks, etc, and then seven hours later I wouldn't be able to offer the camp to a friend unless that cycle of people asking about the camp was broken.

You are saying that players are required to maintain lists for camps, and that is the opposite of players being free to hand camps off to whoever they choose.
Old 11-29-2019, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
What you guys are saying is that every player, at every camp, is required to maintain and honor a first come, first serve list for the camp. That all throughout the day I have to keep track of the first person to ask about the camp, and every time another person asks about it I have to check and see if the first person is still online, and if they're not then I have to start keeping track of this new person and see if they're online the next time somebody asks, etc, and then seven hours later I wouldn't be able to offer the camp to a friend unless that cycle of people asking about the camp was broken.

You are saying that players are required to maintain lists for camps, and that is the opposite of players being free to hand camps off to whoever they choose.
Lol, what... are you saying you're too busy?

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Closed Thread