Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make two inventory slots, one empty, one weapon/sheild bag, position the window for that nexto two more slots one for your primary and one for your offhand, put bash right next that, when you feel the need to bash, put 2h in empty slot, open bag, break out 1hs and sheild, if already using 1hs dualwield, swaping just the sheild is even easier. If your too lazy to do this - reroll a rogue, ranger, or some other moderately usefull dps class that doesnt need to do anything but stand nexto the appropriate mob with autoattack on.
ITT shadowknights can duel wield.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaetatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just stay Troll and slam.

Plus you get to assboard (aka buttsurf) as a Troll. You only need 20% more to level than a gimped SK and you'll be laughing all the way to Grobb when you hit 60.
what does assboard mean exactly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Ogre/Troll are the only viable SK/WAR. anyone who says "play what you want" is right if you were playing wow/eq2 or any other game. This is EQ and it's brutal. If you play another race for a tank, you're going to suck until you come into some significant gear. EVERY other class/race combination can be pretty good and forgiving of start point allocation. No other class subgroup relies as heavily on stats as tanks.

If you're a roleplayer, sure, play what you want. But, f you want to be a functional tank play a big race.

When i play my cleric, I avoid small tanks like the plague. It's just too much work healing them and I hate watching the dps get aggro because the tank is spinning.

Again, small races suck at tanking, big races own.
If you question this, you're dumb.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:34 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ogre/Troll are the only viable SK/WAR. anyone who says "play what you want" is right if you were playing wow/eq2 or any other game. This is EQ and it's brutal. If you play another race for a tank, you're going to suck until you come into some significant gear. EVERY other class/race combination can be pretty good and forgiving of start point allocation. No other class subgroup relies as heavily on stats as tanks.

If you're a roleplayer, sure, play what you want. But, f you want to be a functional tank play a big race.

When i play my cleric, I avoid small tanks like the plague. It's just too much work healing them and I hate watching the dps get aggro because the tank is spinning.

When do gnome shd come out?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops419 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Special" clerics need "special" tanks. Good players don't need to be "special" to keep up.

The key to tanking is agro, and SKs are great agro generators regardless of race. If you question this, ...
Old 09-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The key to tanking is agro, and SKs are great agro generators regardless of race. If you question this, ...
It's a lot easier to keep aggro with spells when you cannot be interrupted.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a lot easier to keep aggro with spells when you cannot be interrupted.
There is no such thing as a player spell-caster that cannot be interrupted. The Ogre's frontal stun immunity is a very limited advantage that is routinely played up to be worth far more than its real value. To a good player the advantage is small. Real, but small. A bad will definitely feel the lack, but then he's not going to be a very good tank regardless.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no such thing as a player spell-caster that cannot be interrupted. The Ogre's frontal stun immunity is a very limited advantage that is routinely played up to be worth far more than its real value.
This is true. I hear a lot of people assume the frontal stun immunity makes it so you can't be interrupted. This is just not the case. You just aren't stunned for the 1-2 seconds. However, this should not be down played, especially for a pulling SK. Mobs try to bash you immediately and then have a cool down, which is when you turn around and run. Additionally, that time you are not being stunned for 1-2 secs helps you time and get off spells better.
Chimeran - 36 DE Enchanter
<The Mystical Order>
Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

Well, if you can figure out how to position mobs so you aren't being hit in the ass, an ogre will get interrupted only a fraction of the time any other race would. Every single bash is a guaranteed interrupt (if you were casting at the time, obviously) for other races. An ogre just has to pass the channeling check which, at 50+, is pretty easy.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:

Lol <3. No question that ogre/trolls have the most str/sta.
Doesnt stop me from tanking everything though. 8)
Str is useless Sta is cool. Dump points into Sta if you pick any other then ogre/troll/barb.
Sta pretty much gets capped out if your the big races after raid buffs. (as a dark elf im only like 20 sta from cap). While ogres are trying to find dex pieces ( Ragefire ) with lower ac while im sporting cobalt with more ac.. it all balances out... like it really does... take it or leave it 8)
Also.. Ask any non ogre warrior that tanks.. we dont really get stunned either when tanking a mob lol.
Imo race is a crutch.. Pick whatever race you want just be very selective in your gear. Know what pieces you're going to obtain. Ive seen ogres die due to missed CHs... and ive died like once or twice tanking something because of that too..Tanks are all dead if a CH isnt landed and that 200 hp more that ogres have doesnt make THAT big of a difference.. just saying. every tank will die if u dont have a good CH chain going 8)
Last edited by Xaeophi; 10-03-2012 at 12:14 PM..
Closed Thread