Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Timing and location have something to do with it. Check to see what other characters in the same level range are online, and where they are. Spam LFG in those places. If you notice a few LFGs in the same place, start a group. If people don't want to group with you for whatever reason, don't sweat it. Persistance wins in EQ just like it does in the big, blue zone.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

My advice to you is most groups that are operating are full (usually). What I'd do is get on the list to replace someone. Ask them when their cleric, tank, chanter w/e is leaving and if you can fill their spot. Typically its like 30mins-2hrs->poopsock. Gauge what you do from there. Get AFKs you might have to take out of the way etc...
Old 07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Focus is on my SK right now so am tending to solo while LFG, rather than perhaps port around and be more pro-active. Thanks guys, some good advice there - don't tend to get on lists, that's something to try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
never have trouble finding a group from 1-60

you probably log on spam lfg for 10 minutes then log off to cry.

Try making your own groups or going to other zones.

Maybe try that "World of Warcraft" these kids are talking about.
420 posts Tiggles, maybe 20 of those that aren't just trolling eh? Post something worthwhile for once perhaps, stop +1'ing - a true WoW forum troller bringing what he's learnt back to EQ.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

Honestly, the best way to get a group is to start it yourself. I've found that many soloers are willing to join up a group, but don't want to expend the time and energy LFG. Except those douchey twinks, mages, and necros who insist on soloing because the exp is better.

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Old 07-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Banned

Start one while you're on a list if you're jumpin for it or there is nothing. Once you have 3-4 already people are more likely to come out/join.

When you do have a group and run it, keep a list. A legal pad can do wonders to keep the xp flowing. If you see a particular class lfg, ask the current slot how much time they have, then relate that to the lfg person and ask if they'd like to be put on the list.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

There is no better advice to cure the pandemic LFG problem than to use your /who lfg, /who all XX XX and /tell commands.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

A friends list helps too.

All advice considered, you cant replace good old fashioned keyboard-elbow grease asking for groups or making your own.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right now my focus is getting my ranger to 40 asap, on my third week and lvl 30, but i usally never have a problem getting a group, you just gotta know the right spots

for lvl 30-35, mistmoores a hot spot, every once in a while theres a basement group going on in unrest, i dont really want to touch ot, but i may to get out of 31 asap, this lvls killing me already, 5 hours with two yellows =P

ot/fm seems to have peeps lvl 30-40, with a good group in ot, and good puller, tank, exp flows well, was there a month and a half ago lvling my shaman

but i say find a guild in your lvl range, one you enjoy, and join, makes the lvling easier, and you make good friends as well

After lvl 45 or so youll most likely have to ofer sexual favors to get groups on a ranger...... poor yendor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

make good friends at the level you are now and dont let em out of your sight , even if that means playing the shaman for a day or two to not out level them .
Old 07-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Banned

+1
Old 07-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Banned

A lot is reputation based. I've found since deguilding myself from Taken, I dont get as many invites. But as a 50+ cleric I've made 3-5k in rezzing whilst lfg for 12-20 hours at a time some days.

Other days I log on and have half a dozen seb/hs group invites from those who know me. Luck of the draw I say.
Half the time there is 4-6 other clerics lfg. nearly always no tanks at all.
Closed Thread