Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 03:53 AM
Large Bat

my post is 6 pages long... i'm blushing
Old 03-29-2010, 04:55 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffwee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my post is 6 pages long... i'm blushing
thread*

Also:

............................................______ __
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,
.................../.................................................. .........,}
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
.............../.................................................. .,:"........./
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`..... }............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`
Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, this 'go to' argument of "Don't like it? GO AWAY!" every time someone voices an opinion contrary to the popular opinion (or that of the developers) is definitely a trend that I see causing problems in the future. I think everyone knows that the developers and administrators of this server have the final say on any change or lack there of that occurs on this server. However, if we make a habit of ridiculing and berating people every time they express even a minuscule amount of displeasure, we will quickly find ourselves part of a community afraid to voice any new ideas or opinions; and that is detrimental in just about every way to the progress of our little community.

just because this server is "free" and a "privilege" doesn't mean that people shouldn't be treated in a fair and just manner... because if they aren't, it's going to kill the community imo.
Well said, couldn't agree more.

It's not really so much the Devs and GMs who I notice this from, but mostly in /ooc where people love to run their mouths and scramble to be the first to fire off an insult at any opportunity.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Skeleton

Two things I came up with while reading this...

In the time it took for the thread to get to here, the OP probably got through 24 hours and is already playing....

Meanwhile, Nilbog, thanks for the IP exemption back in the haydays. I tend to believe that by being POLITE would only serve you good. Maybe it gave them an extra push, or maybe I caught nilbog on a good day, but nonetheless, I just don't get people going off on not getting a response from people who are not getting paid and are doing this for everyone's enjoyment. I can't even fathom the amount of money they spent early on to get a project like this running. I got it in a day or maybe 2. N*****'s playing on the other computer and she couldn't be happier.

Thanks again, Devs!
Old 03-30-2010, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffwee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Atennu and Rogean seem to have studied under the same education system, believing those statements were demanding. and to answer your questions. no i'm not mad... they provided a free service and stopped me from using it. i didn't "lose" anything really. i have no reason to be mad. simply pointing out the immaturity level of those who run the show.
You lost the hours of your life which you invested into your character. How about that?

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

My worry is the Devs get pissed off and just bail on the project. This is like the best thing since sliced bread to me, I love it. People should just have a little consideration of the hard work involved before they start whining.
I played for 10 years before I quit then restarted here, so i got a divorce but she wouldnt play an enchanter an Clarity me anyways. I got married again, this one works away all week <wink> so pls pls pls with sugar on, dont mess this up by upsetting the powers that B. I dont want to go back to the bottle <hic> think of my liver!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-30-2010, 03:47 PM
Orc

Default They Live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyGreenBud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not pretty much...it is the best.
Not best, but a close second to Hell Comes to Frogtown (also starring the illustrious Mr. Piper)
Old 04-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Skeleton

i would have banned you too.