Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Mechanics

Old 12-26-2022, 06:48 AM
Orc

It’s not an issue about turning pet taunt off or on, we were king of aggro and now we fight vs a lvl 35 pet? We been nerfed hard with no reason. I am shocked that no one giving a sh*it about it.

At 59 was in a group with a lvl 51 bard slowing and I had no way to get mobs on me, still worth to play sk? Hell no, but I think if they want to change our class they should to it better and turn us into paladins or warrior, so we can continue playing. Stick with SK at this point is senseless.
Old 01-07-2023, 03:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s not an issue about turning pet taunt off or on, we were king of aggro and now we fight vs a lvl 35 pet? We been nerfed hard with no reason. I am shocked that no one giving a sh*it about it.

At 59 was in a group with a lvl 51 bard slowing and I had no way to get mobs on me, still worth to play sk? Hell no, but I think if they want to change our class they should to it better and turn us into paladins or warrior, so we can continue playing. Stick with SK at this point is senseless.
Yeah, this is definitely SK-breaking. I heard they nerfed DC aggro, but I can't pull aggro with other spells either. Was trying to tank Narandi last night and couldn't keep aggro off raid at all. Was spamming DC and Shadow Vortex back to back. Pulled aggro occasionally for a few seconds, then it was gone. This was probably more to do with taunt than the spells though.

It seems SK's are just really, really bad dps now. Kinda killin my desire to play. Crazy they'd do something to make the game so much less enjoyable for us when there's already so few players. And when the only evidence I've seen of a nerf from live had no real metrics and seemed to come post-velious.

Classic bugs are classic. Even if DC was broken during velious, it should stay that way because that was the game. There's so much "fixing" going on and it seems they unfairly cherry pick what "should" or "shouldn't" have been classic, rather than just emulating what WAS classic, as I thought was the mission here.

RIP SK class. Had a good run.
Old 01-08-2023, 11:27 PM
Aviak

"Rogean: Bards are now capped at 140 aggro per song/spell/proc in all circumstances."

Bard aggro is completely borked. I can sing single target snare on a mob 8x and instantly lose aggro when sending in a charmed pet. Same thing with other songs and stun totems. Great for soloing but terrible for everything else. No more landing an aoe snare and kiting away some adds that are tearing your group/raid apart.

At the very least, aggro clickies should work the same as for other classes.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

I for one really hope they roll back these agro changes.
But I am not hopeful. It's not often we see rollbacks from these sort of updates.
Old 01-10-2023, 03:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
An NPC should never have aggro over a player when a player is in proximity. Your pet is out threating you as an SK???
I totally agree and when I saw this behavior from mobs I was stunned. It's happening all the time now.

Bellog - Troll Shaman
Old 01-15-2023, 03:57 AM
Sarnak

Tested out SK aggro with a friendly group of lowbies in Highkeep.

Me: lvl 60 SK
Them: lvl 20s to low-30s

I tested Disease Cloud, Shadow Vortex, and Shroud of Hate (our former most powerful aggro spells) on both incoming mobs and mobs which had been locked down by the group until sub-90% hp, thinking incoming aggro gank would be a sure thing and the sub-90% mobs would be the real test.

NOPE.

Couldn't even pull aggro on incoming mobs BEFORE they reached the camp.

To reiterate... Level 60 SK spamming DC, SV, and SoH cannot pull aggro from non-SK players OR pets less than HALF my level on mobs which haven't even made it to camp yet.

Obviously we don't need to go further on this. SK's are completely broken and useless now. Our aggro is non-existent. Okay... so let's talk about classic vs. non-classic.

I read the evidence of the DC aggro nerf. It was a post-Velious nerf and Luclin introduced the "Terror" line of spells to make sure that SK's were still the aggro gods.

So where is our DC replacement then? EQ live always very clearly intended on knights being able to snap aggro, with SK's being superior to Paladins in this department. This stayed true throughout the ENTIRE live timeline, through present day. There has never been another class which can out-aggro an SK. It NEVER. HAPPENED. ON. LIVE.

When they nerfed DC, it broke, leading to other unintended consequences (irrelevant to aggro), and they introduced the terror line to make up for it. SK's never lost their status as the top hate producers. Yet here we are on P99, unable to snap aggro from players or pets half our level...

Since we're not going into Luclin, where the terror line exists, this patch needs to be completely undone. Not fixed again, not tweaked, just completely rolled back. It goes against the entire timeline of EQ live to nerf SK aggro without a replacement spell. Please roll back this aggro patch. The game was working fine. And the nerfs which happened on live were also a mistake which was completely remedied in Luclin. We don't have that remedy to look forward to, so leaving aggro in a broken state will only ruin P99 for many players, especially SK's.
Last edited by Octavian; 01-15-2023 at 04:01 AM..
Old 01-16-2023, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Pretty sure its based off mobs HP. The agro gets better on higher HP mobs...but ya I was going oom trying to keep mobs on my 47 so in stables.

Disease cloud does nothing, I just used the ac tap cause was less mana than atk tap. It works ok but was still having to put 2-3 cast on every mob to hold it + dpsing with rocksmasher aary 2hb.
Old 01-16-2023, 12:29 PM
Banned

I recently created an SK.

I really hope the class isn't broken because I'm really enjoying things so far.

I wouldn't know what to compare it to though...but I do absolutely know how well SKs are supposed to keep aggro though.

I'll keep an eye on how well my aggro does. But tons of people have been complaining about this since the patch that I think a dev should at least look into what's going on.
Old 01-16-2023, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tested out SK aggro with a friendly group of lowbies in Highkeep.

Me: lvl 60 SK
Them: lvl 20s to low-30s

I tested Disease Cloud, Shadow Vortex, and Shroud of Hate (our former most powerful aggro spells) on both incoming mobs and mobs which had been locked down by the group until sub-90% hp, thinking incoming aggro gank would be a sure thing and the sub-90% mobs would be the real test.

NOPE.

Couldn't even pull aggro on incoming mobs BEFORE they reached the camp.

To reiterate... Level 60 SK spamming DC, SV, and SoH cannot pull aggro from non-SK players OR pets less than HALF my level on mobs which haven't even made it to camp yet.

Obviously we don't need to go further on this. SK's are completely broken and useless now. Our aggro is non-existent. Okay... so let's talk about classic vs. non-classic.

I read the evidence of the DC aggro nerf. It was a post-Velious nerf and Luclin introduced the "Terror" line of spells to make sure that SK's were still the aggro gods.

So where is our DC replacement then? EQ live always very clearly intended on knights being able to snap aggro, with SK's being superior to Paladins in this department. This stayed true throughout the ENTIRE live timeline, through present day. There has never been another class which can out-aggro an SK. It NEVER. HAPPENED. ON. LIVE.

When they nerfed DC, it broke, leading to other unintended consequences (irrelevant to aggro), and they introduced the terror line to make up for it. SK's never lost their status as the top hate producers. Yet here we are on P99, unable to snap aggro from players or pets half our level...

Since we're not going into Luclin, where the terror line exists, this patch needs to be completely undone. Not fixed again, not tweaked, just completely rolled back. It goes against the entire timeline of EQ live to nerf SK aggro without a replacement spell. Please roll back this aggro patch. The game was working fine. And the nerfs which happened on live were also a mistake which was completely remedied in Luclin. We don't have that remedy to look forward to, so leaving aggro in a broken state will only ruin P99 for many players, especially SK's.
It scales with mob hp. Pull a 40s mob with that same group of people and you will keep aggro.
Old 01-16-2023, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

So, if it scaled with mob HP, I should have been able to keep aggro on Narandi during raids? Because that was a total shit show. Spam cycling did nothing on him either.

I've also spent a good amount of time offtanking in PoG since patch during raids. Holding aggro is nearly impossible on mobs I wasn't locking down for 30+ seconds before raid switched to them. Constant spamming, still lost aggro on most mobs.

But also, aggro scaling with mob hp is dumb anyway lol...

My advice is to hold off on investing into your SK until we see what the devs do about this, Encroaching. It's a complete break.