Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Kobold

Pet classes are great in a group as their pets are probably stronger than any melee class in the game at equivalent level.

Possibly a small exaggeration and just a tinge of bitterness.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Tell him to play a druid to mid-levels, make some cash porting, and then decide.

It's not like he'll last to lvl 20 regardless.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Don't disrespect Magician's role in groups; their pet's can absorb damage better than any melee except tanks/monks, their DPS output with Pet alone (given the Pet always stays in melee range) is on par with most everyone but well equipped Rogues/Monks.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd fault that on the players, not the class. I have been in plenty of groups where a necro is THE perfect addition, but no one realizes it because they just don't know what a good necro brings to a group.
I think this is often because players who play necros don't know how to play the class well. I have had the good fortune to group with well-played necros and was amazed at what they can add to the group. I have also grouped with crappy necros who limit themselves to /pet attack and DOT. I assume that these players have spent more time soloing and don't realize how to use the rest of their spells.
-----------------------
Last edited by Striiker; 06-30-2011 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Old 06-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned

Druid. Offer power leveling services for money etc. Power level your friends you encourage to finally play etc.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

So seems like most people are learning towards Necro or Mage and from what a lot of you are saying it looks like Necro's are better then Mages in a lot of ways.... Is there anything Mages have over Necros that might make them a better choice?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned

go necro. they're very easy to level, solo incredibly well and aren't very gear dependent (even less than mages). then there's the spell list...

The mage epic is awesome vincent, but that and CoTH are the only things that mages have to look forward to after 50. they are easier to level to 50, though, but post 50 the necro is a better choice.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

You mention the mage epic as awesome, which I agree it is, but it's also one of the hardest epics in the game to obtain.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mention the mage epic as awesome, which I agree it is, but it's also one of the hardest epics in the game to obtain.
want to buy a 53 mage with all the available pieces for the epic?

i guess im speaking relatively (relative to myself), but yes, it's the hardest epic in the game. i would still play my necro or shaman over my mage, even when i get the epic :/
Old 06-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

I'm a broke bard skope, and if I did have any cash, I'd be trying to snag some dragon scales out of an open market that doesn't have any. Good luck unloading that mage though.
Closed Thread