Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Franswa, I've got a huge e-crush on you. I just thought you should know. I think I just gravitate towards bards. Don't tell Mcbard.

Kolored on Red.

Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this may have held weight 10 to 11 years ago
Looking at other guilds wipe on these mobs says otherwise.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Is the info for mobs that were new 12 years ago still secret?

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking at other guilds wipe on these mobs says otherwise.
get enough lvl 60s and it goes down, that's the way it's done now. you make it sound like this takes some sort of skill?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get enough lvl 60s and it goes down, that's the way it's done now. you make it sound like this takes some sort of skill?
it requires attention, as i said in an earlier post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] wich is something 90% of the people on P99 do not want to, or can not pay ...
Old 06-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You imply zerging with that first statement, maybe that wasn't your intention, but that's how the last Trak went down - not hating, just stating (I know they prebuffed etc*).
I've never said EQ required massive skill to kill raid targets, yet by observing how badly people play on this server (can't assess a certain %, but I've had my share of PUG and seen other guilds raid) I do have to say that there's some kind of skill involved - maybe it's just common sense that seperates the shitty players from the "good" ones.
Preparation* (gear, buffs, class diversity...), following orders, paying attention like Uu mentioned and a solid knowledge of your class and what you're capable of are certainly more important.

Examples:
Hand / Eye of Veeshan server firsts - no actual skill involved, both factions botted them down with pets, woop-de-doo, great for your epeen.

Some guild had killed Draco with ~14 people on Beta shortly after the extra server went up - which is impressive from my point of view. I wasn't there, but Hobby told us about it while we were clearing Fear.
Last edited by bluejam; 06-30-2011 at 02:55 PM..
Old 06-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

the only thing that takes skill, is to kill soandso named tough mob, with the least amount of people, but i havnt seen a tr raid, and from what ive heard/read, they do it in numbers
Old 06-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hand / Eye of Veeshan server firsts - no actual skill involved, both factions botted them down with pets, woop-de-doo, great for your epeen.
You have no conception of how difficult Eye is, and to even identify there was an alternative way to kill her is absurd. Also, try to grasp this - EverQuest in general (not just raiding) takes no skill aside from a few specific nichey circumstances. That said, it takes a lot of effort, and an alternative set of "skills" to coordinate and organize things like EoV attempts/fails and finally successes.

Can we just quit with the "skill" arguement? Do any of you remotely care about how the dragon died as long as your guild was the one to kill it?
Last edited by azeth; 06-30-2011 at 03:06 PM..
Old 06-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

There is no try, only loot.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread