Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Default Hard work finding groups

I dunno what you guys think, but it seems to me to be getting harder to find groups lately... out of a 40 SK, 35 cleric and 27 enchanter you'd think one of the three wouldn't be sitting with LFG spam on constantly.

I can only guess there's a lot of focus on people getting their 50's to 60, but just wondered if anyone else has been feeling the same. SK can (and did) solo for a while while lfg spamming, and the enchanter charmed some pets and did the same... to no avail. The overload in early-mid 30s clerics at the moment seemed to rule out his chances.

Did try and put a group together with the enchanter but a lack of tanks really ground that to a halt.

Hope it's just a summer break blip, maybe I need some fresh air instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Planar Protector

Can't say I've ever had trouble finding a group from 10-35
Old 07-01-2011, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Can't really speak for groups regarding 40+ though.

BOOM 500 WHAT
Old 07-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Banned

never have trouble finding a group from 1-60

you probably log on spam lfg for 10 minutes then log off to cry.

Try making your own groups or going to other zones.

Maybe try that "World of Warcraft" these kids are talking about.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Sarnak

If you just sit somewhere with LFG on it can be hard, if not impossible to find a group, but if you just run to spots where you can expect to find a group, or just look for other people out soloing or LFG or whatever it's pretty easy to find them in my experience.

Hell, lately in a lot of spots I'm just wanting to go out and solo for a bit but I wind up having to beat off group offers with a stick. A lot of it can just be as simple as trying the wrong spots or being there at the wrong time.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:04 AM
Planar Protector

right now my focus is getting my ranger to 40 asap, on my third week and lvl 30, but i usally never have a problem getting a group, you just gotta know the right spots

for lvl 30-35, mistmoores a hot spot, every once in a while theres a basement group going on in unrest, i dont really want to touch ot, but i may to get out of 31 asap, this lvls killing me already, 5 hours with two yellows =P

ot/fm seems to have peeps lvl 30-40, with a good group in ot, and good puller, tank, exp flows well, was there a month and a half ago lvling my shaman

but i say find a guild in your lvl range, one you enjoy, and join, makes the lvling easier, and you make good friends as well
Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno what you guys think, but it seems to me to be getting harder to find groups lately... out of a 40 SK, 35 cleric and 27 enchanter you'd think one of the three wouldn't be sitting with LFG spam on constantly.

I can only guess there's a lot of focus on people getting their 50's to 60, but just wondered if anyone else has been feeling the same. SK can (and did) solo for a while while lfg spamming, and the enchanter charmed some pets and did the same... to no avail. The overload in early-mid 30s clerics at the moment seemed to rule out his chances.

Did try and put a group together with the enchanter but a lack of tanks really ground that to a halt.

Hope it's just a summer break blip, maybe I need some fresh air instead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play a soloing class and spam LFG with your other characters in your towntime. Send tells to people in other popular zones to say xyz char LFG and to send you a tell. People are surprisingly helpful when it comes to that. After an hour or two you'll have a few bites np. Just don't sit on the non-soloing char while ya waiting :P
Old 07-01-2011, 04:24 AM
Orc

You could always come be grumpy on the forums while you are waiting like Tiggles.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Kobold

What I do now is what I used to do previously, scope a potential area and see who's in it.../who all unrest, /who all crushbone. I then find one of my class there and send them a tell asking how the zone is, if anyone is LFG/LFM, etc.

It saves me the trouble of running all over looking for groups.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could always come be grumpy on the forums while you are waiting like Tiggles.
hahaha new guy +1

Although Tiggles is right. Make your own groups or just ask another soloer to duo with you.

Also, most mid-level PUG's have high turnover...try walking up to one and asking for a spot. Chances are one will open soon.