Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gear list plz? I've been wanting to play a solo Rogue since pretty much the day I started playing EQ back in 2000.

This sounds awesome
oh man, no this is not the route you want to take. I was illustrating that if a rogue is capable of killing 50+ mobs, then a monk could perform the same feat only much more easily. basically i'd sneak pull any double spawns, drop the mob, bandage up and wait til 100% if the next mob was tough. If it was a Kor or Jin i'd engage at 50% and just slam (i was a barb) the shit out of it.

as far as gear i had i dunno some hate & sky stuff. there are some PVPers floating around here that could probably expound on a few ideas on how to effectively solo as a rogue, im not an expert.
Last edited by azeth; 07-01-2011 at 04:30 PM..
Old 07-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really? b/c my rogue could solo most of the way down to the 3 spawn @ the rock in Seb, and he had < 150 defense. the only mobs that'd stop my progression were the random Bok Shamans iirc
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

as far as gear i had i dunno some hate & sky stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is simply no possible way you are soloing anything dark blue in your 50s with a naked monk, the end.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

Quote:
oh man, no this is not the route you want to take. I was illustrating that if a rogue is capable of killing 50+ mobs, then a monk could perform the same feat only much more easily. basically i'd sneak pull any double spawns, drop the mob, bandage up and wait til 100% if the next mob was tough. If it was a Kor or Jin i'd engage at 50% and just slam (i was a barb) the shit out of it.

as far as gear i had i dunno some hate & sky stuff. there are some PVPers floating around here that could probably expound on a few ideas on how to effectively solo as a rogue, im not an expert.
That's what I figured [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The sad but true fact about levelling a rogue is that it would probably be more time efficient to just farm platinum on my main and buy a powerlevel for the rogue, at least for the first 40 ish levels...

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Old 07-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is simply no possible way you are soloing anything dark blue in your 50s with a naked monk, the end.
It won't be pleasant or efficient, but Intimidation soloing makes it possible to kill DBs in outdoor zones, even at 60.

Having read the OP's intentions a bit more thoroughly, I'd say that monks are largely gear-independent through most of the game. Cabilis newbie armor will work a good long while for you. Save your coin for weapons, weight reducing bags, and (eventually) haste items.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It won't be pleasant or efficient, but Intimidation soloing makes it possible to kill DBs in outdoor zones, even at 60.

Having read the OP's intentions a bit more thoroughly, I'd say that monks are largely gear-independent through most of the game. Cabilis newbie armor will work a good long while for you. Save your coin for weapons, weight reducing bags, and (eventually) haste items.
That would require jboots at minimum and the stipulation was that he would be naked.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

Having actually done it, no, it doesn't require JBoots.

The trick is to fight mobs such as giants that have large attack boxes. While mobs may pull ahead, they also zigzag, so you can take occasional shortcuts. Intimidation kiting isn't the only possibility, either. After proccing fear, you can also simply apply a bandage or two as well.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having actually done it, no, it doesn't require JBoots.

The trick is to fight mobs such as giants that have large attack boxes. While mobs may pull ahead, they also zigzag, so you can take occasional shortcuts. Intimidation kiting isn't the only possibility, either. After proccing fear, you can also simply apply a bandage or two as well.
Fraps or it didn't happen!

And where are you killing exp mobs in outdoor zones at level 59 naked?
Old 07-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say naked but mean low gear/not much gear
Now, if you want to debate about naked monks soloing, go ahead, but if you're trying to address the OP's question at all . . .

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 07-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Okay, time to clarify what I meant by saying "actually done it". No, I didn't naked Intimidate kite at 60. I have, however, Intimidate kited quite a bit back on the live server. In my 20s, I used this on SK aviaks, Broon? (small cyclops in EK), and later on Hill Giants and Seafuries. It is annoying, you frequently get "cannot see" / "too far away" spam - however it still gets you beat up less than fighting toe-to-toe.

I think it's very plausible that a monk could get lucky on a large mob and land a few intimidates on it in a row, pounding it dead.

Edit: As far as where you could do this outdoors at 60? I'd suggest Skyfire along one of the walls. I bet there are wurms that'd work for this stunt.
Last edited by Vohl; 07-01-2011 at 07:01 PM..
Old 07-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have, however, Intimidate kited quite a bit back on the live server.

Edit: As far as where you could do this outdoors at 60? I'd suggest Skyfire along one of the walls. I bet there are wurms that'd work for this stunt.
THIS IS P99!!!

Also, a wurm would pretty much gobble you up in about 30 seconds.
Closed Thread